how to remove stuck dB-killer

The other day I wanted to remove the dB-killer on my Leovince GPPro exhaust as till today I have no idea what the sound would be without....
so unturned the little nut and ticked loose the small washer wich was slightly welded to the main body...
but no way it came out easy...
I did not wanted to try with pliers and other tools which may cause damage

so anyone advise on how to best take the sucker out?

I suppose you can soak it with something like WD-40 overnight and see if it helps. I'm sure it's pretty much welded in place if it's been in there for a few thousand kilometers. Unfortunately at this point nothing short of brute force will get it out :(

I'll give that a try, but indeed I too fear it's been welded in well after all the kilometers it has roared on the streets. Well I'm still happy with it and the sound as it is with dB-killer, just wanted to know /hear what it would sound without....I'll try and see if it goes out, if not so be it.

I know my Yosh dbkiller will probably never come out either. It was difficult to get in in there when new as it was a tight fit. I did run it for a while w/o it and found it too loud, especially on long rides so in it went for good...

Mine comes out pretty easy. I took the time to file the high spot when I installed it. Try a needle nose type vise grip and some lube, work it slowly. When you have it removed knock down the high spots. Then you can install and remove at will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you know what they say, first time always hurts abit.. :D

and there's always the possibility of the minor rusting that fuses the db-killer to the exhaust, hence making it hard to remove.

did happened to me once with my mivv suono. had to take off the end-can and knock it out with a steel tube and mallet. and of course i took corrective action by shimming if a couple of mm off on a lathe machine.

Mine's pretty well fused in a Leo Vince SBK now... before I put it in it was LOUD...impressive and worth working it out just to see what things sounds like opened up, even if only for a few thousand miles. I lasted about 20k before finally quieting things back down. Db killers removed= Out comes the evil ; )

Back