How to flush and change coolant?

nanne

Hi all,
this is my very first thread / question, so bare with me.
I have a 2007 FZ1-s that need a bit of coolant refill. Fine - I know how to do that. HOWEVER, the coolant I bought (or - was sold...) is of a long-life type (red) instead of the green oooze that is in the system now. The salesman told me to empty the system and fill it up again with the new (red) coolant instead of mixing the two. I didn't feel like asking him how to do this, he sort of signalled that I SHOULD know. So, I never asked him. "I'll just go home and check the owner's manual. How hard can it be", I thought. Ooops.

BECAUSE, after checking my owner's manual, I still don't know how to do this. The manual just says "let your certified Yamaha dealer replace your coolant"....
OK. So here I am. Either I figure out how to do this, or I surrender and let my certified people laugh their certified asses off and help me (i.e. make me PAY).

Is it really that difficult, though? Can't I do it myself - even if I'm no garage wiz? Is there anyone out there who knows how to perform this delicate procedure...?

Thanks!

/ Nanne

Back