How to clean outside of motorcycle engine

eurocats

how to bring that engine back to black?
Simple green will do the job to degrease - but after that what can be used to make look new, any ideas what kind of engine bay dressing ?

Last edited:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:I find if you just crash the bike with full coverage and then go buy a new bike to be quite effective to make the black look like new. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just go to the hand wash place by me, I stand back and use the high pressure soaping, then I have a microfiber mitt that gets the grime off pretty good, then I dry with a microfiber towel and it looks like new.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:I find if you just crash the bike with full coverage and then go buy a new bike to be quite effective to make the black look like new. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

speaking from experience & double bike crash in last few months :evillaugh: Mr.Ssky?
That microfiber will buff that right out :p

seriously Im looking for good car-bike engine/bay dressing.

Original Bike Spirits spray Cleaner & Polish. Spray Cleaner & Polish - Original Bike Spiritsâ„¢

Seriously, I do my routine at the carwash, then I come home and I will use/spray the polish/cleaner on my microfiber towel and wipe her down, then buff her out with another microfiber towel. Looks like new.

I used to detail cars, the key is you have to use a decent cleaner polish and then always buff it out with a really clean towel. If you leave any film of a cleaner/polish on it will usually white/gray up with a residue and look like crap, it's best to buff out as much as possible.

Original Bike Spirits spray Cleaner & Polish. Spray Cleaner & Polish - Original Bike Spiritsâ„¢

Seriously, I do my routine at the carwash, then I come home and I will use/spray the polish/cleaner on my microfiber towel and wipe her down, then buff her out with another microfiber towel. Looks like new.

I used to detail cars, the key is you have to use a decent cleaner polish and then always buff it out with a really clean towel. If you leave any film of a cleaner/polish on it will usually white/gray up with a residue and look like crap, it's best to buff out as much as possible.

that will apply to tank&plastic parts. How about the engine do you use same polish/cleaner?
fz1googlesearch.png

that will apply to tank&plastic parts. How about the engine do you use same polish/cleaner?

Yes, I figured, paint is paint (BTW I KNEW WHAT BLACK ENGINE PARTS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT, nice big picture, I too like it to look shiny new). I did make sure to let the bike cool all the way. I tried once when it was a little warm and it made a white film that bugged me until the next bath and polish. The really annoying part is trying to get the towel up into all the little cracks and crevices. But when I did get a good job in, I thought it looked good. Even gave it that polish look that is almost like wet paint.

Yes, I figured, paint is paint (BTW I KNEW WHAT BLACK ENGINE PARTS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT, nice big picture, I too like it to look shiny new). I did make sure to let the bike cool all the way. I tried once when it was a little warm and it made a white film that bugged me until the next bath and polish. The really annoying part is trying to get the towel up into all the little cracks and crevices. But when I did get a good job in, I thought it looked good. Even gave it that polish look that is almost like wet paint.

I have used honda wax cleaner for 10+years plastic/rims/paint. I will give a try on cold engine, I hope won't bake white :D

hon_09_spr_cle_pol.jpg

I second Motul shine & go works super great on matte black engines, I've been using it on my bikes for years, wash the bike, let it dry, spray Motule shine & go silicon spray, spread evenly with a paint sponge to get all crevasses. the engine will look like new and the clean will last, it also makes it harder for dirt to stick & easier to remove.

Last edited:
So what about the green engines that tend to go milky ,,
What do you peeps use on these ,?? ( crashing it not an option)
Polish dosnt seem to work , needs some thing more

Not sure what you have available in the US but in Oz, I use Nifty or Spray and Wipe (Household cleaner) keep it wet and use a paint brush to loosen anything up. Wash off with clean water and the matt black engine should look like new. Good for use in around wheel hubs too.

I use Maxima SC1. Blackens and shines the parts thats supposed to be. Extremely effective on both plastic & metal of the bike.

Back