how to change engine cover?

Speed4341

I need to replace the engine cover that covers the generator. Has anyone done this? Also need to know his to remove the generator from the cover and how to reinstall everything. I noticed that there is also a tapered bushing in there but I don't know which direction the taper should face. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would really love to get my bike running again before I leave for a business trip to Dubai next week.

Do you have the manual for the GenII bikes? I'm sure someone will be along to help soon enough. Just be patient. I'm sure they're just busy. I could reference the GenI manual but I'm not sure if it would help you.

All i have is the owners manual. I wish I had a service manual. It looks as if the generator is press fit into the engine cover so I'm trailoring the bike to a custom bike shop tomorrow to let them do it for me. It will only run about $60, which I am ok with spending at this point. I just ant to ride again. lol

All i have is the owners manual. I wish I had a service manual. It looks as if the generator is press fit into the engine cover so I'm trailoring the bike to a custom bike shop tomorrow to let them do it for me. It will only run about $60, which I am ok with spending at this point. I just ant to ride again. lol

Well, I guess that 60 bucks isn't that bad. I would pay that in a second if it meant getting out for a ride!

I picked up my bike from the shop today and the tech told me exactly how he changed the cover. The generator is press fit into the cover so all he did was put the cover in hot water for about 10 minutes. This allowed the cover to expand enough to allow the generator to be easily removed. He did the same thing but in reverse order to install the generator into the new cover. Hope this helps any one who may need to do this in the future!

Back