How old are you?

40, as from my birthday, 60 physically, 20 mentally! Got my fz1 as a result of trying to grow up failing dramatically! (bought a tiger 1050 first :rolleyes: )

ran an R1 streetfighter for 7 years, my modded fz1 is a superb compromise!

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Im 45 and my last modern sport bike was an RC51 also... I like the FZ1 because its a little more comfortable riding sitting straight up and down.

And Ill be looking for a riding buddy, Im looking to relocate to Cape Coral?Ft Myers area

Last edited:
I am 30 years young, got my FZ1 two years ago at 28. Been riding in the dirt since I was 8. Got my first street bike and motorcycle license at 17, it was a Yamaha 400 Special.

I had heard people refering to the FZ1 as a geezer bike but never thought of it as that.................until reading this thread. Geez you guys old!!! :jaw drop: JK of course! :nana:It does make more sense as to why this is such a great forum with excellent information. With age comes patience and knowledge.:bowdown: and it shows in the well written, polite, and informative answers to any questions a rider may have.

I may be 63 but I'm still in good enough shape to ride my road bicycle (high tech CF race frame with full DA) for a century ride (100 miles) in under 7 hours (food stops included, actual riding time is about 6 hours).

I opted for the FZ1 over the R1 for a couple reasons. The primary was seating position, it just feels right for me and it has one of the most comfortable seats I ever sat on for a motorcycle. Second was the price, I got a left over 2012 in April for what I considered a bargain. The R1 would have cost about 6K more.

For a brief moment I had considered a BMW S1000RR but common sense took over and I thought that was too much bike for a geezer.

The other reason I like the upright position is because I have carpal tunnel in my left hand (surgery is planned) and an arthritic thumb on the right. The leaned over position puts a bit too much stress on those appendages.

Last edited:
I'm much too young to feel this damn old :D, not really but I like the quote. 39, 40 by the end of the year >.< and I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was ;)

Back