How Not To Ride!

Besides the fact that the guy evidently knew very little about operating the bike (stalled it 2 or three times) he came into that turn at full speed. It almost seemed like he was still accelerating right to the point he went off the road. His line coming into the turn already had him at the far edge of the road and he made little attempt if any to lean into the turn. Other than that he doesn't seem to have too many issues.

The funny thing is it takes a fair amount of riding to realize what you can't do on a bike. During that ramp up time there's a million ways to die. The only chance you have during that time is an intense respect for how dangerous these things are: 400 or so pounds that are half engine. It's like sitting on a rocket.

Besides the fact that the guy evidently knew very little about operating the bike (stalled it 2 or three times) he came into that turn at full speed. It almost seemed like he was still accelerating right to the point he went off the road. His line coming into the turn already had him at the far edge of the road and he made little attempt if any to lean into the turn. Other than that he doesn't seem to have too many issues.

You can actually see him straighten up. Classic SR to target fixate and straighten up.

Nice one comrade. They should have followed the "three stalls and your out" rule. Get this guy on a xr100 in a dirt field, then try again.

Fwiw... it does demonstrate just how tall the gearing/how low the bottom-end torque is on a Yammie.... not a newb bike :cry:

Lol, I only wish the dude would not have stopped filming, hilarious. I do love the no reaction as well, but he, like all of us knew it was coming...Just learned some Russian belah means dumb a&$.

Last edited:
Yeah, the understated "reaction" was one of the best parts.... like just knowing your dog is going to cr@p on the carpet eventually, then it happens just as expected :laugh2:

Nice one comrade. They should have followed the "three stalls and your out" rule. Get this guy on a xr100 in a dirt field, then try again.

Fwiw... it does demonstrate just how tall the gearing/how low the bottom-end torque is on a Yammie.... not a newb bike :cry:

Yea, exactly. Not a newb bike. I've talked to so many sales people about this. I ask if they worry when they sell these kind of bikes to newbies. They do, but there's little they can do about it. The owners want the bikes sold and don't want to hear their sales people talking anyone out of a more expensive bike, or so they say. I believe them. One of the sales guys I respect the most told me how a "kid" that just graduated college bought a new CBR600 from him. He had just taken the 3 day course. He seemed to be a level headed guy and he actually found him to be a delightful person, beyond his years in maturity. He rode the bike out of the dealership fine, apparently stopped at his girlfriend's to show her the bike and then headed home. He never made it. The accident was described as failure to negotiate a turn, probably like this video. The sales guy thought the kid probably went a little faster than he was able to handle and ended up hitting a pole.

This is a good reason why we shouldnt ride in a TEE shirt.:laugh2:

Last edited:
Spot on DJ NEZZ. He's obviously not a ATGATT type of guy but at least he had a helmet on. The bike looked pretty smacked up I wonder how he came out of it??
Hi Bluey, he landed on soft dirt and grass but probably a trip to hospital was needed. What does ATGATT mean? Cheers Mate.

Last edited:
Back