How many miles per tank?

I do appox 60 miles each day. On my standard setup (pre yoshi can,powwercommander & dyno run), i used to average 120 miles per tank.
After my mods i have 140bhp at the rear and average approx 100 miles per tank.
I enjoy the extra power but find it annoying to fill up at every 1/12 days rather than every 2 days.
i know tank range is directly linked to how you use the trottle, but i would be interesting to find out out peoples ranges on similar bikes.
Thanks

I'm in the same boat.. i however haven't done any mods and i'm only getting about 100 miles until i'm close enough to E to fill the need to fill up. i'm not sure how low it gets before its out. but when i see 1 line its refill next time.

pre- speedohealer -- was averaging around 205 (error being calculated)

After the install -- dropped down to around 180ish (approx 4.3 gal before reserves)

I know that the Gen I has an extra gallon capacity over the Gen II, but I've lately been suffering from "twist of the wrist syndrome" and I've lost about 15-20 mpg over just babying the FZ....

I would have to reconsider upgrading to Gen II with fuel mileage like that --

only thing I've done to date is add a slip-on -- jet kit/port boots/airbox mod/K&N are in the works...

BroHay

Last edited:
I normally get about 195 miles from a tank of gas. Thats riding 1-up at normal highway and street speeds. I have stock gearing and Ivans Carb Kit installed with an aftermarket pipe (D&D). Thats about 37 to 38mpg. When I am hammering it, the mileage drops considerably. Probably about 31 to 33mpg. Either way I am satisfied with the performance and fuel economy.

I check my mileage almost every fill-up and I keep a log. Before I put my pipe and PCIII on I was gtting 43-44 in average secondary road riding with a bit of expressway riding mixed in. After the pipe and PCIII I'm getting 40-41 so it slipped a bit. I am a bit on the rich side nowso I know I could lean it up a bit and pick up 1-2 MPG. I also keep an eye on my tire pressure.

Hi Apache

On my Go-Faster Red Fizzer I get adout 140 Miles (230 km), only mod is a Micron rather loud racing pipe. This is when I don't ride it like the local pizza delivery boy.
On track days about 40 VERY HAPPY miles (60 km) to the tank.
Thought I'd do the conversion as we work in km, litre and kg etc

Last edited:
Unfortunately when it's 140 miles to the tank it's all sensible and stuff. HOWEVER this is not too often as this baby doesn't allow or understand sensible.

I just did a 324 trip this past weekend. My son 10 yr old/ 65 lbs rode on the back. I am 230 (too fat). We did average highway and a few roll ons that were fun for a few seconds. I averaged about 37.5 mpg. If I were one up I would have done better.

No mods except the airbox and descreen filter. Fast Red 08

kidblooper - generally do about 25km (15miles) extra when I get to flashing on reserve. @ least once a week and have'nt yet had to walk. Would suggest you try this with a gallon in a backpack or don't blame me.

More important is the mpg. I avg around 40mpg so that like 140 miles until the f-trip starts ticking. Weirdly the FZ1 tank is more sensitive to tilt unlike the fz6. It shows less gas when on side stand opposite to the fz6. If I rely on the auto-shutoff mechanism the gauge shows one bar less. So I have to make sure I fill to the brim.

I don't mess with the buttons, it's easier to bring the map up on your P.C. then look at the % increase/decrease that the map is giving the stock fueling and then either add a bit or subtract some to put it where you think it should be. I always keep a copy of my original map so in case it doesn't react the way I think it should, I can always return it to the original setup. I just find it much easier to look at the whole map to see where it's really fat and where it's closer to the stock settings. Once you have modified the map all you have to do is send it to the P.C.III and it's then running yur bike. I don't think Dynojet really explains the proceedure all that well

FLF
How many miles (or km) to the tank?

150 and put in 4.0 gallons both times. So I still had .5 gallons or more in the tank. I probably could have gone 160 - 170 but would/could have been "pushing it". I guess it could have been a good learning experience for the 10 yr old!! :sinister:

ref: running out of fuel.
Last friday evening on the way home, i stopped to offer help to an old man pushing his moped (he had run out of fuel). I told him to hop on, and i'll take him to a petrol station, there's bound to be one nearby. Rode 50metres, turned a corner and we were staring at a petrol station.
Oh well it's the thought that counts.

My first tank ('05 FZ1): 182mi when the light came on. Then fill up the tank with 4 gallons only. (The light came on when I was going downhill).
Anyway, that's about 45 mi/gal with pretty mix riding: backroads, in town, and highway, about 40% two up. I couldn't believe it!! 3 times the power of my previuos bike (VStar 650) and similar fuel economy.
I've got say that I'm (still) pretty easy on the throttle and I tend to shift gears like in a crusier... for the most part... sometimes I just like to feel the acceleration of this thing...

Back