How many members have an FZ1 ?

I bought my '03 in june of '11 with 8k miles on the clock. It now has 49,930 on in, saddly I didnt put as much on it this year as I wanted to with house projects. I really wanted to hit 50k this season but the salt on the roads wouldnt let me.

Had my FZ1S from new (Apr 2013) and just clocked over 30,000 kms, so about 10k a year. Commute on dry days 40 kms each way, weekend rides and at least one bike trip a year of 1000 kms +. Previous bike was a 2009 FZ1S and did 38,000 kms in 4 years :)

Have my FZ1 SA from 2008 and to date 49k km. Used mainly as a licensed Motorcycle Instructor from 2008 to 2013, did some beautiful roadtrips in Germany, Romania and Ireland. Used it on the tracks since 2014....
The FZ1 is used on sporty twisties, trackdays and ride with friends.

These types of posts are so boring and mundane. I would think just about every one on this forum owns an FZ1 and puts miles on it. So what's the point, really?

These types of posts are so boring and mundane. I would think just about every one on this forum owns an FZ1 and puts miles on it. So what's the point, really?

I think it's fun to see where all the different bike owners live and how much they ride. Besides, lots of the 'regulars' here no longer have FZ1s and FZ-specific content has really died down here in the last couple of years as well.

We had a forum meet up in Colorado last summer and only 1 out of the 4 bikes there was an FZ1.

I think it's fun to see where all the different bike owners live and how much they ride. Besides, lots of the 'regulars' here no longer have FZ1s and FZ-specific content has really died down here in the last couple of years as well.

We had a forum meet up in Colorado last summer and only 1 out of the 4 bikes there was an FZ1.

There is a reason for that. The FZ1 is an old dog. There is nothing new to learn. Ivans flash is the newest mod and even thats a few years old. Im sorry to break the news to you bro, but this forum is dying. I come on here every couple of months and its the same old crap. Oil threads, gas threads, chain threads bla bla bla. Nothing new. I understand some of you guys are here for social content, god bless you, but im not. Im here to learn. Lately there's not much to learn. Just alot of fluff posts about bull that quite frankly im not interested in. So why am i here? I want to see something new. However the chance of that happening at this point is very rare. But i will continue to try. Every couple months i will come back and check. And the addicted will post every day about nothing and satisfy their social media craze in between facebook and twitter and snap shot, and make me out to be the bad guy. Sad. Very sad.

Everything in life runs it's course at one point or another, so what? The greatest thing about this forum is that if you aren't happy with it the door to leave is wide open. Nobody is obligated to stay. It's nobody's fault that every topic seems to have been covered. That's just how it goes. I will say that there will always be someone that buys an FZ1 that never had one before and they will be happy to be able to learn something here as we all did.

It's true that the FZ1 is an old bike and not a lot of new FZ1 specific content is posted here. I disagree however that it's devoid of quality content. There's plenty of trip reports, bike builds, photos & videos, general bike discussion and racing discussion. An internet forum is a social medium first and an information source second, I think. I'm thankful for finding this place as I've made some great friends and met up with lots of the members here.

Kpd1031, sorry you feel this place is a waste of time but I think you get out what you put in.

Last edited:
Out of 21 people driving the FZ1 last year went about 150,000 mi
A little over 7,000 mi a year or
11-12,000 km average per rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back