How many Grandpa's

Twelve year and counting!

I've been watching the posts on this forum since I joined and I think that the majority of the members here seem to be a bit more adult/mature in their posting subjects and replies. I have been a member of at least one where the maority of the posts could easily have been writen by a twelve year old, especially where spelling and grammar were concerned. I know we all mispell from time to time but when it becomes a chore to sort out the difference between to, too, and two, it makes a person wonder how people pass the driving test.

Anyway, what kind of age spread do we have here? I'm probably on the high side at 58, but I know quite a few riders, even of sport bikes that are in their mid 60's and a couple are ex professional racers. I'm just curious about how many older riders are interested in sport bikes. So many riders, even younger ones, are getting wrapped up in the cruiser thing.

Can it be that some of us come from other countries and therefor spell like crap, you try to write in Hindi or Swedish for that matter so some of us can have a good time!

I turned 45 last month. I have a 25 yr old son and 22 year old twins, son and daughter. My daughter gave us our first grandchild last Nov. Bridgette Michele is three months old today. I was 22 when I had her, and she was 22 when she had her first. :D It looks like this might be the only one for a long time. The two boys have NO intentions of having kids and both keep Trojan in business. My daughter didn't want any until she was 26 or older, but one spring break with her beau and a few drinks later.... ;) But, she's a great Mom and that little girl is such a sweethart!

I've been on two wheels, on and off, for 34 years now. I've never owned a cruiser (but would like one as an additional bike) and never owned a bike that wasn't a standard. I love the corners... I don't live for speed, I seek the apex. Anyone can twist WOT.

I sum it like this. I am 25 years old and have been for 20 years. I just happen to be trapped in a 45 year old body that refuses to do what my 25 year old mind asks of it.

I am 46. We have 3 kids, 21, 18, 16. No married kids yet and no grandkids yet.

I haven't had a chance to ride my FZ1 yet much because of weather (purchased bike at the end of 2008). The little riding I have done on it has impressed me with the ability to turn very easily and the power is great. I am dying to ride this bike some more and see how it goes. I do miss my FJR and probably should have never sold it but that's water under the bridge now. I don't have a very mechanical background in working with bikes so I may ask some very elementary questions, hope you guys don't mind. I have quite enjoyed the interaction with other members....thanks to all of your responses.

I'm 54. Next birthday I start getting discounts at some of the nation wide fast food chains.:woot:I have two boys 30 & 32. Two grandsons 2 & 4 respectively. I have always had at least two bikes in the garage. One for touring and one for sporting/playing. I have had Harley & Yamaha Cruisers for touring and had Yamaha 01 FZ1, Honda 03 VTX 1800C, Suzuki 05 VStrom, Triumph 07 Tiger, Honda 08 CBR1000RR bikes for commuting and playing. I put a lot of miles on my bikes and have to swap out the commuters every couple of years. I got divorced two years ago and now have a Yamaha 09 FZ1 for commuting & BMW 08 R1200RT for touring. The CBR had to go because it was way more talanted than I was. I don't think I will ever go back to cruisers. Life's too short to spend on a putt putt. Maybe when I turn 60 or so I will buy a GoldWing and settle down a little. Nah, I'm havin too much fun.:)

Last edited:
51 going on 25!

As the title says, going on 25. One of these days, when I grow up, I will pick up a cruiser. Well maybe when I am 70 going on 40! Grandpa, also.

Back