How LOUD do you think this is?

2010 FZ1 FZR1000R moto gp slash cut EXHAUST drag pipe - eBay (item 180609477204 end time Apr-06-11 18:48:27 PDT)

Just was wondering what 105db really is? Anyone know what my Holeshot slip on would be rated at if its the 14" Comp Core?

Also, does that mean 105db at idle?

That thing would look WICKED, but I have a feeling it would scream something awful lol.

Not getting it, just curious.

Edit:

Found vids on the tube... Stupid loud, sounds like crap. Now if they could get the sound I have, out of the way that looks.. Man that would be epic!

Last edited:
Looks like it was stolen off of a 5.0 mustang...

It looks like crap, where "moto gp" looks like this:

3.jpg

I think you would lose power & piss off your neigbours and everyone on the road.

I don't know the numbers but I tried to take video when I put my M4 slip on - on. Unfortunately the mic on my EVO didn't do so good.
I tried to take video of my Gen 1 with a stock exhaust, straight pipe (no muffler) and then with the M4. The straight pipes sounded a lot like a Harley. Since it doesn't look like there is much db cancelling in that Ebay pipe - that is what I would guess it sounds like.

$58 US dollars!!! They must be kidding!!! You could go down to your nearest car aftermarket parts dealer and buy a chrome tailpipe extension for half that price!

That thing looks like it's just a straight-pipe....lol. And I'm sure it will be loud. I remember when I was doing my exhaust that I started the bike up with just the header. Man was that thing loud! However, it sounded great :D

That thing looks like the tip you'd see on a Tractor's upright pipe on a REO. I doubt it was enginered for any motorcycle but someone found it had the same size as the collector on the FZ. It would be very loud and more than likely have a el'cheapo sound.

Back