How is YOUR financial situation ??

I think the music was more motivating than the text! That made me want to get up and do something, anything.

I'm not in a perfect situation - I have a very small savings account. I have an automatic transfer set up to move money from my checking to savings every month, but there are many months I wind up moving that right back to checking.

However - I'd still say I'm sitting above average. I completely own my home, car, and FZ1 with no remaining payments on any of them, I pay my entire credit card balance every month, and I contribute the maximum allowed to my 401k.

LOL! As long as I can afford my bike payement and enough gas to do 500 miles on it a week, I am a happy man. Currently I am a happy man.

haterz gunna hate

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G59KY7ek8Rk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G59KY7ek8Rk[/ame]
watch

I am doing great FINALLY. Got 4 months left to get a $30,000 bill consolidation loan payed off. I recently refinanced my house from a 30 year at 6% to a 15 year at 3.85% (wish I would have waited a little longer as rates went even farther down.) I am maxing out my 401K contributions and managing to build up some savings at the same time. I hope to make some other investments soon with that $1,000 a month we have been putting on the bill consolidation loan.

I don't know why but a light went off in my head 4 years ago and I suddenly realized that if we kept going the way we were going we would not have anything for retirement and we would likely be working til 75. Our financial changes have us on track to retire between 55 & 60.

An interesting 3 minute video that should give ALL of us a pause to think about our own financial situation. Overall, we are in deep doo doo. Well worth a watch.

Financial Balance - YouTube

My situation is pretty good, just bought an appartment, so I can finally move out and start living on my own. Until I have a good job and my health is good I'm a happy man...Thus for all other things they are irrelevant to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it all depends on what's important to you. I don't need a lot to be happy. Simple things make me happy, family, health. I have a good job, great people around me, great animals, my bike...my cup runneth over. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If men can avoid women they will have more money.

Not in every case. If I didn't have Michele, I'd be so far in debt that there wouldn't be a light at the end of the tunnel, just a bottomless pit! She hates to shop, I can spend all day long.

I am "Checks" and she is "Balances" :tup:

I don't think the video was about how having things will make you happy. ...or did I miss something? :)

I will say that having a lot is definitely not important to me. I am simple. I don't make a ton of money. By not having a lot now I am ensuring I won't work until I am 70. That is what is important to me.

We bought a smaller, less expensive home because we knew it would help guarantee early retirement. Also, at this point, my FZ1 is really my only toy (though I may add one to the stable soon.) ...and that definitely makes me happy. ....so does my wife. ...so does my family. ...so does my mountain bike. ....so do my plethora of animals.

I thought the video was more about planning for tomorrow.

i started with nothing..and i still have most of it left.

at 40% tax on my paycheck there is not much for me. :beer:

rent.
car. (had to as the truck broke down)
fz1 (the voices in my head said too) :sport12:
back taxes, (both fed and state).
bills (food, lights, heat) (shutting down this web connection soon)
yes cc's
entertainment..what is that? (the bike, the web) {NO tv}
[old cheap radio in the front room] god i bought it something like 35-40 years back. it has 8-track...record in it. :wow: :woot: :cheerleader:

every time i get a buck ahead something happens and the cash is gone.

51 and no cash in the bank. anyone want to buy something off me?
every thing is for sale...but my butt.

send me five US dollars cash and i will let you know how bad off i am.

so please everybody send me five US dollars cash and i will reply to all who do and give me there return addresses. :hook2: :poke: :bowdown:

Not in every case. If I didn't have Michele, I'd be so far in debt that there wouldn't be a light at the end of the tunnel, just a bottomless pit! She hates to shop, I can spend all day long.

I am "Checks" and she is "Balances" :tup:

My wife is Jewish.:yes:

Back