How have your performance mods affected your MPG?

even taking that into consideration and you show miles per Litre, the US seems to do better

US approx 11 miles per litre
UK approx 9.5 miles per litre

I'd had thought tighter emmission control would lead to better MPG as power would be down and with the general better quality of fuel we have theres more bang to the gallon from an energy point of view.

Perhaps! But I'm not sure that playing with engines to optimise them for emissions necessarily helps with efficiency, even if a little power has to be sacrificed?

I've had my 2008 since new and after a little over 25,000 miles I'm getting just a bit better than it was getting new. New, I was at about 36 mpg average, now about 38. I had an MIVV exhaust, PC3 and air box mod (opened up slightly), none of that seemed to have much impact on the performance or MPG. Got tired of the loud exhaust and sold the MIVV. Bike is defiitely broken in now (maybe why mileage is up a bit) but the performance is pretty much the same and I'd say the engine/trans is smoother. I've had a ton of performance bikes, at least 26 and after modding most of them at least in the intake/exhaust area, I've come to the conslusion that it's just not worth the money from a performance standpoint especially if your compettion is lighter by 20 lbs or just a better rider. They'l trounce you on a stocker.

I've only owned my '06 FZ1 since June, and as far as I can tell, the only performance mods the previous owner made to it are a PCIII and a Yoshi slip-on. I drive mainly highways, 36 mile trips, average 70-80 mph, and I'm getting 43.5-44 mpg. I will have to say I'm absolutely loving this bike!!!! My '09 Can Am Spyder gets 32-33 mpg while my '97 Jeep Wrangler gets 15 if I'm lucky!

Back