How do you secure your FZ?

I was just reading the thread about John's FZ being stolen and it made me think. Since I am just getting back into street bikes after being away for years my question is how do you secure your bike when it's parked especially away from home? Mine will be in a locked garage when not being ridden but what about on rides and trips? Is there a good way to lock to a light pole, etc?
Thanks
Gary

I park mine in a secure garage in the basement of my building when at work, never leave it in a dodgy area and it's locked in my garage at home. I also have a GPS tracker installed with a shock alarm, so if my bike is moved, I get an SMS telling me so, and I can send an SMS to the GPS and it will send me back an SMS with a map and location of my bike.

Every time I go for a ride, I get an SMS.

I'm fortunate to live in an area where street bikes are safe and cruisers are not.

So that being said I park mine, lock the front fork and take the key with me. I also use a disk lock for an extended stay and a cover.

I park mine in a secure garage in the basement of my building when at work, never leave it in a dodgy area and it's locked in my garage at home. I also have a GPS tracker installed with a shock alarm, so if my bike is moved, I get an SMS telling me so, and I can send an SMS to the GPS and it will send me back an SMS with a map and location of my bike.

Every time I go for a ride, I get an SMS.

wow. would you share what brand this gps unit is and where to buy one? sounds so cool.

I looked at a couple alarm type deals for my bike, but none seemed like SOLID options - SMS would be cool but I bet you pay a pretty penny for the subscription vs a one and done alarm.

What disk lock do you use?

I looked at a couple alarm type deals for my bike, but none seemed like SOLID options - SMS would be cool but I bet you pay a pretty penny for the subscription vs a one and done alarm.

What disk lock do you use? I have never heard of one

Once a year, I use a Telstra sim and add the minimum credit to get 365 days of use. I then have the app on my phone to check the ballance for my phone, the bike's sim and my wife's phone. I also have the expiry saved as an alert to remind me to top it up before it expires.

How do I secure my bike? I put it into lock on the ignition.

My insurance is much higher than I would be able to sell it for, so I could go out and buy something a little different if it got ripped.

Back