How do i wire a stebel compact horn ???

SETH46

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the lame instuctions you get with the new Stebel Nautilus Horn on how the hell to wire it up ???

TOTALLY LOST HERE !!! :doh2: :stupidPC:

All help greatly appreciated !!!

Seth

Doesn't look like a job for the "electrically faint of heart"

Did you get the wiring kit with it that includes the relay and fuse? Is this the horn you bought?

attachment.php

Essentially it is this:

1. Horn button to #86 on the relay
2. OEM horn second wire to #85 on the relay
3. Relay #30 to inline fuse which is connected to the POS on the battery
4. Relay #87 to the new horn POS
5. Horn negative to GROUND

Make sure the horn is mounted as vertical as possible. This is important! :D

Where are you going to mount the horn?
I've been looking at upgrading the standard horn but there's nowhere to mount it out of sight on the naked FZ1!

Naked is a definite challenge! I've seen pics in other places where people broke up the pair and put the horn out front and the compressor in the back. I've also seen a guy use the engine mount point that the satan666 highway pegs mount into. But, that leaves quite an eye sore on the side of the bike.

With the fairing, we have plenty of room under the cowling to mount this and keep it mostly hidden from sight and the elements.

FZ1 Train has arrived !!!!!!!! lol

Many thanks for all the info, spent a day making two wiring looms, very professional indeed mite i add !! made a bracket that connects to the left side onto the radiator bolts, hiding the unit under the left side front fairing infill. Really tidy job !!
All is working fine and i'm literally BLOWN AWAY by the volume !! it's awsome. Shall do a vid this weekend and post for you to see/hear !!

Thanks again everyone.:worship:

Seth (with ringing ears !!)

I was looking at one of these at my local dealership. The parts guy quietly told me to go to Autozone or Adv. Auto and buy an aftermarket high db horn there, that it would mount the same as stock and should be as loud (130db) as the Stebel.

I haven't stopped yet, but it sounds like a good alternative.

Just wanted to add that I had one of these horns on my BMW and it's really impressive. Scares the S**T out of cell-phone-talking lobotomites! Wiring was not too difficult. Basically, the plug to your oem horn is going to power a relay, and then there's a wire from batt to relay to horn. I'm already wondering if it will fit under the L or R side panel (where the FZ1 decal is). A worthwhile investment.:yes:

Just wanted to add that I had one of these horns on my BMW and it's really impressive. Scares the S**T out of cell-phone-talking lobotomites! Wiring was not too difficult. Basically, the plug to your oem horn is going to power a relay, and then there's a wire from batt to relay to horn. I'm already wondering if it will fit under the L or R side panel (where the FZ1 decal is). A worthwhile investment.:yes:
already sorted but cheers

Back