Hot start and idling problem

Greetings to all!

Im new to this forum and right now i really need advice from the gurus here!

Got my fz1n about a month back, brand new. It s about 3200km+ on my speedo now. However, i notice these issues on my ride.

1) i adjusted my idle to about 1350rpm when warm but as the coolant temp gets hotter, the idling will increase to about 1500rpm. Is this normal? Not sure if the climate here does affect this (singapore). Temp never fail to hit 100 deg c (212 f).

2) hot start is another issue. Usually takes more than a try to start when hot. Successful start will result in erratic idling.

Please help... thanks

Greetings to all!

Im new to this forum and right now i really need advice from the gurus here!

Got my fz1n about a month back, brand new. It s about 3200km+ on my speedo now. However, i notice these issues on my ride.

1) i adjusted my idle to about 1350rpm when warm but as the coolant temp gets hotter, the idling will increase to about 1500rpm. Is this normal? Not sure if the climate here does affect this (singapore). Temp never fail to hit 100 deg c (212 f).

2) hot start is another issue. Usually takes more than a try to start when hot. Successful start will result in erratic idling.

Please help... thanks

Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I have issues with Hot/Warm start.
Bike always starts cold on first try in the morning. At lunch after it has been sitting out it will never start on the first couple tries. I have found that giving some throttle to and hitting the starter eventually gets the bike started.

Does anyone know what the issue maybe? I read something about regulator issue on another bike forum and something about vapor lock.

Back