Honda 1985 650sc

I have the 89 zx10 up for sale and got a call about the guy has an 85 nighthawk that he is willing to trade plus cash on his end for my Ninja I am tempted as the lines on those bikes are classic and its the blue color all original garage kept he is the second owner 43k miles and had the cam chaintensioners replaced at the local Honda dealer.

The Nighthawk is definitely a nice bike. I'm just not sure how desirable the 650 is. I thought the 750 was the one to get...

If you feel that you are getting a good deal with the amount of cash he's willing to throw in then go for it. Would make a nice bike for commuting and they are very easy to maintain.

85-650%20blue.jpg

Is it this one?

It would really have to depend on trade cash + how much that bike would need done to it

Keep us posted :)

The Nighthawk S was the more desirable one... I think they usually were 700cc and came in the red/black blue/black. This is the one Id like to find the 1986

cb700_nighthawk.jpg

Last edited:
I already have a naked style bike in the FZ so the Nighthawk S is to similar.I love the lines of the standard Nighthawk timeless like KZ's.I have not seen it yet but it is identical to the one pictured .I have about 1000 into the Ninja so i would be basically getting the Honda for 300 bucks. View attachment 8941

View attachment 8942

The nighthawk S was a 700 south of the 49th but a 750 in Canada. A friend of mine had one and I rode the bike and loved it. His was a black and blue one. The Nighthawk had MAJOR shaft effect though and you could make the bike jump up and down like you had one of those goofy air suspension kits in cars. Rock solid motor though, super comfortable, and they still look great (styling wise) even after all these years.

Back