Home made Hamburgers for dinner...

Nice thought, for sure. 20 degrees F here in the mountains of SW Virginia. 6 or so inches of snow and ice on the ground. The forecast shows better weather over the next week so perhaps this dreadful snow/ice will all melt. Perhaps I should post pictures of snow cones? Hee, hee.....

I heard that in Australia, putting a beet on a burger rather than tomato is common. Is that true?
Is the loaf bread a common Aussie thing? (rather than a bun)?

Last edited:
I heard that in Australia, putting a beet on a burger rather than tomato is common. Is that true?
Is the loaf bread a common Aussie thing? (rather than a bun)?

Yeah the beetroot goes on with the lettuce and tomato, it's very common, I just didn't have a tin of beetroot. The only place you won't get beetroot on a hamburger here is at McDonald's and Hungry Jacks.
And yes the bread instead of a bun is common at home when you don't have any hamburger buns and you'r feeling too lazy to go to the supermarket to get some... but that's about it. As far as I am lead to believe the Aussie hamburger is a direct descendent of the American burger.

Scotty I don't want to be rude but your burger looks pretty tame. When I was in LA last I found a burger chain called "Fatburger". Their menu culminates with a 24oz monster called the "triple king". A picture of this artery clogging, heart stopping giant appears below.

attachment.php

I opted for the medium fatburger which comes in at a measly 5.3oz. Even then I had to see my cardiologist when I got home.

Ps The fatburger was pretty good!! :drools:

Last edited:
Scotty I don't want to be rude but your burger looks pretty tame. When I was in LA last I found a burger chain called "Fatburger". Their menu culminates with a 24oz monster called the "triple king". A picture of this artery clogging, heart stopping giant appears below.

attachment.php

I opted for the medium fatburger which comes in at a measly 5.3oz. Even then I had to see my cardiologist when I got home.

Now you know why most Americans are "super sized". :) I only allow my self to indulge in gluttony of Fridays. My wife and I eat very healthy the rest of the week.

If you guys want to have a REALLY REALLY REALLY good burger if you're ever in so cal and are in San Diego you HAVE to hit Hodad's, that's the bom right there man. Just do it and thank me later, and you will...man now I have to have one!

attachment.php

Yeah thanks Bluey. I should have labelled it as a fast home made snack burger! ;)
That monster you found looks great though!

Texas definately has some good burgers!! If I'm going to blow my diet I usually go for a steak or BBQ on the grill but I do appreciate a good burger.
LOL
I caught the Tom Leykis show on radio and they happen to be doing a special on The Heart Attack Grill. LMAO!!! This place is outrageous!!! They are spreading out around the south west (Calif, Ariz, etc). and they specialize in making everything greasy and making HUGE proportions. LOL The final touch is where all the waitresses dress up as nurses! :)

HEART ATTACK GRILL... Home of the Double Bypass Burger!

burger2.jpg

burger.jpg

Heart-Attack-Grill-347x450.jpg

There is some kind of gimick where the hottie nurse/ waitress will wheel you around in a wheelchair. LOL I wouldn't deny her :)

wheelchair.jpg

s640_heart_attack_05.jpg

Yeah thanks Bluey. I should have labelled it as a fast home made snack burger! ;)
That monster you found looks great though!

Scotty size isn't everything. I think I'd prefer one of your home made "snack burgers" to any of those other monsters any day. But I would like to eat it at the Heart Attack Grill.

Popularjock you made my day, that place takes the cake. :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Back