Holeshot

kpritter

I just ordered myself a holeshot header and slip-on. Everything was in stock and ships tomorrow. I can't wait to tear off that hideous looking muffler! I also ordered their TFI tuner, 16T sprocket and a fender eliminator. I know some people aren't crazy about the TFI tuner but I'll give it a whirl.

It's Done

I got everything on last night as far as the exhaust goes. It sounds great. I couldn't test ride because the roads were still wet in my neighborhood. I'll be taking it to work in a few minutes. One thing I couldn't get done was the front sprocket. I could not get that sprocket nut to budge. We even had a 30" socket wrench on there. I might just have to leave that for the dealership.

DSCF0433.jpg

I got the sprocket nut off by getting on the bike while on the centerstand, holding the brake with one foot, and stepping on a 24" breaker bar. Be careful to keep the socket tight on the nut!!!

Cheers,

MrHix

Oh wow, don't do that. You don't want to torque against the transmission. I would recommend using an impact wrench and, if you don't have one, pay someone who does.

first impressions

So far I've only got about 5 miles on the new setup (I usually work 80hrs./week so I have no time to ride). It pulls hard and sounds wonderful. Hopefully I'll have some time over the next week to dial in the TFI. Right now it is set to the settings recommended by Holeshot. I'm planning on doing the flies soon so I'll have to adjust again for that.

Back