Hid projector headlight for FZ1n

Delta

Hi guys has anyone fitted the hid projector complete headlight?
The one with the angel eye and demon eye. It comes as a complete unit. Plug and play.
Here's the eBay number 332066609933. From KT.
Just wondering if anyone has bought and fitted one and what they thought of it. I've been looking at lots of headlights and this one looks an easy mod.
Thanks in advance

Delta.

We had a member here who used to do retrofits of HID projector kits. Have a search around here and you should find a few big threads.

This one is the whole headlight unit. All led not ccfl. Plus the hid projector. You can also choose the colour of the demon eye either white, blue, red, or green.

I've got their HIDs in my FZ1S Headlight unit. Happy with the performance and durability ( See Dec bike of the month). Mine is ccfi? halo. Do you get the whole headlight unit or do you have to split yours? The S model splits easily but I had limited success splitting the N unit. Rabbitman did some.

I tried that item number on Ebay but it doesn't come back to any item. Could you maybe post a direct link?

Not sure how to do direct link but 332066609933 is the eBay number. Try uk eBay .uk maybe? It's the whole plug n play unit. Angel eye and demon eye in led. The main light is a hid 55 watt. Uk price is £322.
To be honest I really want a twin/ duel hid projector light. With the brackets etc. More of a streetfighter look but must be high quality. Billet aluminium would be the thing. Something to change the front end look.. a nice twin hid projector headlight that looks the nuts.

Delta

Not sure how to do direct link but 332066609933 is the eBay number. Try uk eBay .uk maybe? It's the whole plug n play unit. Angel eye and demon eye in led. The main light is a hid 55 watt. Uk price is £322.
To be honest I really want a twin/ duel hid projector light. With the brackets etc. More of a streetfighter look but must be high quality. Billet aluminium would be the thing. Something to change the front end look.. a nice twin hid projector headlight that looks the nuts.

Delta

Yes I don't like the idea of trusting one Element, at least with two you have light if one blows.

Yes I don't like the idea of trusting one Element, at least with two you have light if one blows.

When you say you don't like trusting one element, is that because you have two headlights? The FZ1n only has the one obviously and a H4 bulb. I'm not quite sure how the hid works compared to the H4 but I've had a Hid conversion in my fz1n for about a year now and it's been fine. The only gripe I have is light spill as the reflector isn't designed for hid. I light up road signs on the motorway from way back, that tells me I'm most likely dazzling other road users. Hence looking for a better headlight like a twin projector. The only ones I've seen so far are al cheapo plastic half finished looking ones from china. I'd like some hid projectors in a nice billet aluminium case that would look ace on a streetfighter. I've been looking a while now but so far I've been disappointed.
Delta

With a H4 there is a separate element for hi/low beams, if one blows you have the other for back up esp at speed. HID uses one element with a mechanical/electrical (solenoid) to change hi/low. Agree about the HID in a normal H4 reflector I tried that and cam to the same conclusion and get angry about every morning when some dick with that setup blinds me from behind. I was thinking of trying to fit a Triumph Speed Triple? set or my dual set without the fairing
to my FZ but have just settled with my present setup.

I just wish I could find just one rider that has actually fitted this particular headlight unit for more info on it. Or even find a twin hid projector headlight. Something special looking that works well and looks amazing too.

Can you use the light adjustment screws to wind the beam down a bit? Or does that poin tall the light onto the front wheel? I had to wind mine up when I lowered the front.

Can you use the light adjustment screws to wind the beam down a bit? Or does that poin tall the light onto the front wheel? I had to wind mine up when I lowered the front.

Hi there fella, I have adjusted mine to give a good low beam on the road and on high beam it's in the right place but the stray light still lights up the big motorway signs from a very long way. I've tried winding down but then it's shite in the dark lanes. Time to buy a new headlight I think. As I've said I'd like something more street fighter looking but most I've seen so far are pants.

Delta.

Sorry, but I do not have experience with this exact unit. I have installed the bi-zenon HID setup in my 2008 FZ1. These have the mechanically movable element when switched from low to high and back. I chose the 6000K color.

No doubt, the lights are very bright. They are probably a big advantage during the day or night - at being noticed by other drivers and riders. Helpful for safety.

But the greatest disadvantage, in my opinion, is that the approximately oval shape of the headlight reflector housing - is that it scatters and diffuses the light, rather than pointing light at a spot way down the road. This is why people are lighting up signs clear off to the side of the road; and also why it may blind oncoming drivers. The reason I mention this - is that I believe you may experience the same affect no matter which HID you choose. I say the reflector is not compatable with the HID.

I have another bike with a single round headlight. The HID works extremely well with that shape of reflector. But in order for this to happen, I had to adjust the fore and aft positioning of the lamp, in order to achieve good focus.

Final comment - I installed HIDs on my car. Same problem with the reflector shape. One other disadvantage was that the set was not highly expensive, and one of the lights often would go out. You would turn them off and then back on, and they would stay on for a while. Very unreliable.

I have returned to a good quality halogen lamp in my FZ1 and my car. Just my $0.02 for your consideration.

Back