Hi from Québec !

Hi guys ! new member here from "la belle province" , proud owner of a 2003 fizzy since 2004 , a work in progress (will never end) with a stage 2 jet kit , D&D slip-on , convertibars and lot's of other litle stuff , going naked shortly with some black racing stripes and possibly usd forks. Here's some old pics of my ride since the convertion is'nt finished yet...

Welcome to the Forum!

are you already a member on the "other" forum, b/c I have not seen too many white Gen I's.

How do you like the setup with the convertibars? I'm presently running lower GYTR and SM2 bars but looking at cleaning up the top triple tree.

Adam

Welcome to the Forum!

are you already a member on the \"other\" forum, b/c I have not seen too many white Gen I's.

How do you like the setup with the convertibars? I'm presently running lower GYTR and SM2 bars but looking at cleaning up the top triple tree.

Adam

Yes I'm a member there. (fred'z1)

Convertibars are great but not cheap , 350$ minimum... If I had to re-do it , I would get some convetional clip-ons and hold the gauge cluster with a bracket linked to the upper T (like on a naked) so it's not in the way , I saw this set-up on the french forum.But this lowers the bars even more...

To hide the risers hole in the upper T , I used a c/f cover from a guy on eb@y.
Just asked it without the hole for the risers.

With my setup , it's close but does'nt it anything.
I did have to trim some of the bottom of the bars so the voltage reg and the radiator cap dont get hit by the them

Yey they are L shaped , the vertical part that allows to ajust the heigh needed to be cut because I mounted them the lower possible.I used a zip-cut on a grinder but a pipe cutter would do too.If someone want' em higher there would be no need to cut them.But depending on the rise you want , it could be necessary to use longer brake lines.

They have all the detail on their website:

convertibars.com

Welcome! I knew I had seen that bike before. I think it's the only one I've seen in that color. Is the rear sprocket stock or oversized? It looks kind of large. Maybe it's just the photo. Thanks for joining up bud!

For the color , I was inspired by another one , so far I've seen 3 ,mine included.
My rear sprocket has 48T but the front is stock (16T). I 1st tryed 15/44 set-up but I did'nt think it was enough...now 16/48 that is a litle better , next thing I'll try will probably be 15/47 gearing or something like that but with a 16T in front and an larger in the rear to turn it into a wheely machine ! I dont mind putting a longer chain for this , I just love the look of a bigger rear...

Did you ever run SM2 with GYTR lowers? If so, is your current setup lower?

You mention clip-ons, is that if you wre going naked because I read that caused more interference, unless you were going naked?

Adam

No , never had those(SM2) , but according to what I've seen , it's about the same heigh as mine... For clip-ons , I might go with them only if I swap the forks for usd's , with them my convertibars would be useless (made for 43mm forks) and new convertibars clamps would be too pricy...yes I'm going naked very soon.

The clip-ons can be used with tha complete upper fairing but with the tack/speedo gauges atached to the upper triple so it can move with it.
like a naked speedo bracket...

Like this:

doesn't that get to be a bit dangerous with not having the gauges fixed??

Why ? of course the gauges wires are no longer run in front of the headlight , otherwise it would be stuck there but ...I dont see how it could be dangerous , all naked gen1 have this speedo bracket...

Well guess I just showed my cards with being unfamilar with how the naked conversion works. I'm looking to go a tad bit more agressive but 350 vs some cheaper clip-ons and a bracket, guess I have some more investigating to do.....

Adam

Last edited:
Back