Hi from North East UK

yamahajim

Picked up a new 08 fz1s last week and put 200 miles on in the 1st day. Love it. Had a load of bikes before and traded a 06 R1 in for the new ride.

I'm in to ride outs and trips away, toured the alps this year on the R1 (thats why I bought the fz :lol:) and hope to revisit on the fazer, it looks made for the job, comfy and FUN!

42 years young and married so long I can get out when I want....:innocent:

Not sure mate ,its a fairly new forum ,from what ive seen we are a good crowd theres certainly some good advice out there ! maybe its HIBERNATION TIME!! this site is the sister site to the fz 6 site which is definatly worth a look i for one am hoping this site will grow and be as popular!

Last edited:
Howdy Sir, glad ya found us, another Brit... seems to be alot of you bloaks on FZs.....:D
how does the proformance/ergonomics compare with the R1?
OH yea.. and i like pics...:p need a pic.
have about 2800 miles on mine. this bike is insane..love it

Damn Yankee,

Have only done 210 miles on it so far, the day I collected the bike. Its a big thumbs up so far and a bit of a laugh. The R1 was sharper steering, more sporty etc. as you would expect being 1000 sportsbike. I had thought about doing a flat bar conversion but it would have been a compromise as the R1 still had issues for touring, such as excess heat from the exhaust/cat (under yer bum) and poor luggage potentail. I did 10k on that bike including a 3k Alps trip, it was bril but due to old injuries I came back in a lot of pain lol. Hence the fz1s purchase!

So far the fz1s looks as tho it will be all I want, plenty real world power, easy to throw about and a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Its not run in but top gear roll on @ 60-85mph compares well with the R1. No doubt at higher revs it would struggle but I never went over 10,000 rpm antway.
When I get a few more miles on it I will see what it needs to make it handle a bit more and will be a very happy chap if I can get it anywhere near the R1! If the existing suspension wont fine tune then I have plans for a back and front hyperpro conversion, the kits about £160. The jury is out on the oe exhaust, I will either get used to it or change it....maybe a new screen as well at a later date. Hmm, looks like new bike ownership has started:innocent:

havent done much in 3k miles
puig windscreen, red levers, frame sliders, rim stripes
unsure where to go next, been working on rider protection.

havent done much in 3k miles
puig windscreen, red levers, frame sliders, rim stripes
unsure where to go next, been working on rider protection.

Done another 200 miles on the yam. Been talking to one of the guys on another site and got a link to the FZ10A forum. Put my name down for an adapter to take 07/08 R1 rear shock unit. Looks like a good upgrade and there are plenty nearly new shocks on ebay...

Comfort wise I need to adjust the bars down, they seem to be angled up just a little too far. This should put the brake lever where I like it to, as it seems to be too far down. A bigger screen is on the shopping list as well.

Back