Hi from Freddie

OK, here we go been on the fringes for a bit but thought i'd get writing.

I'm Luke, 44 and live in Jersey (the old one), pretty little island just off France, with a suffocating 40 mph speed limit, well it is only 9x5 miles.

Had bikes on and off since I was 16, my divorce present (from myself, the ex wasn't in a giving mood!) was a spanking new FZ6 in 2005, which I traded in in April 2010 for my FZ1. Think i got a good deal, my 2008 FZ1 was £5200, 1350 miles!, and the old owner had added the full fairing, Remus exhaust, a smart hugger and tail tidy. It is immaculate and i love it.

Best times i've ever had have been on a bike, a great trip in the US, but biking for me is about getting a ferry to France, 20 miles away. I love the French as their road tax pays for me to enjoy their well sign posted and beautiful roads. Now got a girlfriend with a Buell (44 years and still don't understand them) who I ride with :nothing:. Bit unfair i enjoy riding the Buell sometimes too.

Got a problem with my front discs (had to use anglo-US-biketranslate.com to realise what you guys were talking about when you mentioned rotors, thought i was on a flying site!!??). Any how gonna post the problem on the general discussion forum as this is long enough.

Sorry having some trouble getting photos on the site but working on it.

Good to be talking...............

Welcome. I have always wanted to take a trip back to Europe and ride around France and see my old stomping grounds in Belgium, where I use to live, when my Dad was stationed over there.

Back