Help! Stolen Bike FZ1 2006 red

How horrible. Better than an accident, but it sucks. Sadly, I think most stolen bikes end up parted out for money or ridden crazy and wrecked. Not what you wanted to hear, I know. I hope you get it back in good shape, or the insurance compensates you for it. Luckily there are a ton of Gen II FZ1's out there, so it is replaceable. I love the red almost as much as the blue one.

Good luck. Stealing a horse used to earn your neck some rope time. I'm not totally opposed to that now for car/motorcycle theft. Keep us updated. I know you'll be back on 2 wheels, hopefully sooner than later. No one was physically hurt, so that's something.

dam that sucks.
best if they do not find it as it could be in 1,000,000 parts scattered over three contents.
or all buggered up by a fool, or worse involved in a crash and tore up.

this is why we have to give in to the scam called insurance, as the legal system can not help us.

a fried had his mini truck stolen (just a junker), but the oakland pd found it a month latter the perp ran and hit a patrol cruiser the oakland pd tried to get him to pay the cost for a new car. not the creep who was living in it.

finally got all receipts and service stuff done to the bike

over $2,000 in extra(probably only get $1000 since thats all allstate covers) might want to check with your insurance to see whats covered if you go down or someone steals your bike.

It's also a good idea to have riding gear covered. I was able to recover $1,500 the max amount of coverage I had when a deer took me down last fall.

Paying for insurance sucks until you need it.

I've just renewed my private policy which covers me for the extras that I don't get through our Crown corporation insurance provider. Their (ICBC) fire/theft/etc coverage for motorbikes is astronomical and although they do try to squash private insurers by raising the basic rate and lowering the optional rate, they cannot match what I pay.

I'm at $325 per year (on top of what I'm required by law to pay ICBC) for coverage on the bike in case of theft or vandalism, etc; $1000 for a trailer, $1000 for my riding gear, $100 emergency road side, $500 lock re-keying

Last edited:
I hate bike theives..

Sorry about your bike man. I always read these threads and chime in because I had a bike stolen. It was taken right out of my garage at dusk before we closed the garage door for the night. My family and I were watching a movie not 15 feet away on the other side of the wall. Ill alwaYs remember that sickening feeling when you first realize its gone. Im really glad I had insurance with theft protection. State Farm was great I ended up getting more than the bike was worth.

Back