Help me find the right PC3 Map PLEASE!

a7x3797

I have an '08, my mods are as follows...
K&N Filter
Lars airbox mod
Trimmed flies
AIS blocked off
Yoshi slip on-1 front sprocket
PC3

I get great power BUT... i bog down real bad between 4k and 6k, once i pass 6k i am back to GREAT power. i understand cutting the flies trimming the flies will cause bogging down in the lower RPMS but this is bad.

I am running Whittlebeast's Stage 3 smoothed and i get about 30MPG

any help or guidence will be great.

Thanks!

Try some of the stage 3 maps in dukes map pack. Look at them first and try a few that are leaner or richer in that 4000-6000rpm range so you know what direction you need to head in ( richer or leaner )

The Whittlebeast stage 3 is pretty rich from 4000-6000 look for a map thats leaner in that range.

Try Tyrmeltr's map or JohnDaddy82

Last edited:
i understand cutting the flies trimming the flies will cause bogging down in the lower RPMS but this is bad.

When the fueling is correct you will have no bogging at all !! Your engine either wants more or less fuel in that 4000-6000 range. Try a few maps until it feels right.

I have almost the same mods:

Air box mod
Trimmed flies
Shorty Akrapovic
Trimmed header (fully removed pre-cat)
K&N
AIS delete

I am running Dukes perfection (averaged). I had the same problem around 4-6k and I was running way lean on the johhny cheese/brown map. Dukes map is much better but now I have some bogging under 4K that I am tuning out. Good luck!

I have almost the same mods:

Air box mod
Trimmed flies
Shorty Akrapovic
Trimmed header (fully removed pre-cat)
K&N
AIS delete

I am running Dukes perfection (averaged). I had the same problem around 4-6k and I was running way lean on the johhny cheese/brown map. Dukes map is much better but now I have some bogging under 4K that I am tuning out. Good luck!

I'm also running the perfection averaged map and it runs great in my bike. Hesitated to recommend it because it was made for full exhaust not a slip-on....... but if its working good for you maybe he should give it a try .:tup::tup:

I have an '08, my mods are as follows...
K&N Filter
Lars airbox mod
Trimmed flies
AIS blocked off
Yoshi slip on-1 front sprocket
PC3

I get great power BUT... i bog down real bad between 4k and 6k, once i pass 6k i am back to GREAT power. i understand cutting the flies trimming the flies will cause bogging down in the lower RPMS but this is bad.

I am running Whittlebeast's Stage 3 smoothed and i get about 30MPG

any help or guidence will be great.

Thanks!

Here is the map search function for Power Commander. It's pretty easy to use - I set it up for a 2008 FZ1 so all you have to do is pick the maps you want.

http://www.powercommander.com/power...mkname=Yamaha&mdlid=116&mdlname=FZ1&yrid=2008

Last edited:
Wow... It has been a while since I read that map thread. Apparently the one I made with Dukes and another map is a big hit.

That's a nice little ego boost for the day LOL

Back