Help me find the right exhaust!

People say these are hard to find....

0911001226.jpg

Then I'd just make my own...

198404_1507454221277_1681954743_996778_3807511_n.jpg

What is that blue can on the side of your bike?

its the 04 model ,made a new y piece for the end ,(the 2 into one piece) ,but yes fits straight up, and only cost $150 for the akrapovic pipe work and the can was brand new for $200 all from ebay........... not bad for a full titanium system

its the 04 model ,made a new y piece for the end ,(the 2 into one piece) ,but yes fits straight up, and only cost $150 for the akrapovic pipe work and the can was brand new for $200 all from ebay........... not bad for a full titanium system

That's a good deal! The Gen II FZ1 engine is based on the 04-06 R1 engine so it's easy enough to bold the headers at the head. I suspected that you had done some custom work in the collector area to allow them to bolt on to the pipe and the attachment point(s) on the frame.

Very nice exhausts!

I think that I will be going with the MIVV Suono,
I love how deep it is..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maQTdkuBZgY]Yamaha FZ1-N - YouTube[/ame]
And thats with the DB killer!
:unworthy:

the baffle is out,mate....take a good look at 0.24 and push "pause" button....
zoom at the exhaust and u will see that there is no baffle at the exhaust....

I had a carbon Mivv Suono and it was really loud without the db killer in, and worst of all was the drone that it would make at cruising revs.

I ended up selling it as I wanted a free flowing slip-on but not the noise/drone that this thing had.

It still sounds pretty good with the db killer installed though.

the baffle is out,mate....take a good look at 0.24 and push "pause" button....
zoom at the exhaust and u will see that there is no baffle at the exhaust....

Oh im not sure,
The guy made it clear on his youtube channel (in the comments) that this was with the baffle out :confused:

edit: although now that i look and listen again, it does seem to be without haha

hey ballmead, how much did your carbon suono cost?

Here is my previous 06 FZ1 with the MIVV Suono Slip-On. No DB Killer but still needed to do AIS Mod to calm down the popping.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcq00O3ltLw&feature=g-upl&context=G2fdd1f9AUAAAAAAACAA]2006 FZ1 MIVV Suono Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Back