HELP: Flickering pole lights!

Hi guys, i'm new here and i'm not sure if im posting on the correct category but i need advice.
I've been getting help from friends / google but to no avail!!

Anybody has faced issue with your pole lights flickering?
I've tried to change multiple pole lights and all of them flicker after 2 to 3 days usage (weird)

Mine is a FZ1S 07 model,
Right now i'm thinking of these possibilities:
-Clean the connector using electrical contact cleaner
-Faulty pole light connector? Replace?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Sounds like they are the pod lights for turn signals (if inside the headlight itself)? Those are not OEM equipment and I would definitely check the connections.

Of it is what you are talking about, they are also done with LED lights and not done with the bulbs you would find in marker/brake lights.

Sent from: Galaxy Note 3

No, he said he has the S, not the N and I believe that some of these sold in other countries did come OEM with those marker lights installed. I would start with replacing the bulb socket completely. Those are very inexpensive and easy to replace.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408455440.369040.jpg

This is the pole light that I'm talking about, not sure what it is called elsewhere.

I'm located in Singapore by the way!

Sent from Blackberry Smartphones[emoji768]

They are called "park lights" in Australia and are fitted here. Only reason I can think of for the flickering is a bad/dirty connection. There are a few connectors in the system. If you can't find a fault, try an led, they draw low amps so might not flicker with a poor connection.

Did they flicker before using LEDs?

No, previously was on the original Stanley halogen bulb, it doesn't flicker.

I've replace another new set of T10 LEDs and they have not yet flicker so far.

I swear this issue is the weirdest I have ever encountered.

Sent from Blackberry Smartphones[emoji768]

LEDs can "appear" to flicker. I had some Christmas lights that did this but if you looked at a bulb straight-on, it didn't really flicker, only at an angle. It was weird... those got tossed and I later bought better sets. I had the same happen with marker lights on the truck. Tossed those and bought higher quality.

Last edited:
Back