HELP!!! - Clutch Problems With My Daily Driver!!!

I think I posted this in the wrong spot, so I'm reposting it here.

I am in need of desperate help with my clutch for my daily driver.

I tore the clutch apart today because it was sticking in first gear. Now after putting it back together, the clutch does not engage with the cable. I can shift into first gear with the lever (on the center stand), but the cable had no effect even after adjusting the cable. I think I may have put something back in wrong. The service manual says to install the cover with the shaft coming out of the clutch (with the teeth on it) having to the rear, but of I do, I can't get the cover on.

What am I doing wrong?

Feel free to call, thanks.

-Adam
915-252-7526

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I just wanted to post my follow up.

Okay, so I finally got it back together at lunch today. First off, thanks for all the replies and suggestions!

Alright, if you've done this before, then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't laugh, but I actually had it right the very first time I put it back together. However, before I started it, I decided to read the service manual one last time to ensure I didn't miss any steps.... Big mistake. I misunderstood the wording in the manual and decided to take it back apart and fix it (even though it wasn't broken). The wording in the manual threw me off my game and had me trying to install the pull rod backwards! Pull Rod vs Pull Lever, easy to get mixed up in your head. Anyway, after studying the manual today, I noticed the subtle word differences and figured out that I had done it right the first time. Oh well, we learn from out mistakes, right? LoL

Lesson Learned !!!!!!!

Best regards, Adam

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Back