HELP anyone here ridden a triumph daytona 675

Hi I am looking for any advice off anyone whos ridden or had any experience with the daytona 675 2006 onwards. Im seriously considering swapping my FZ1N for one and any opinions of the ride would be appreciated. Major concern is worried about downgrading the power from standstill as i rode a cbr600rr and it felt poor compared to the fz1n. will i miss it or are they better bottom end. thanks?

thanks for the replies guys i know they get good reviews and you cant really compare them to an fz1n but im looking for owners or ex owners opinions of them to help my choice.

I have an 07 675 that I just converted to full time track bike. I purchased it as replacement for my FZ1. Not sure what information you are lookimg for?

It is a pure sport bike great handling, better low end power then the inline fours, top speed and hp does not match up with Honda and Yamaha 600's It is not a very comfortable street ride without some modifications the stock riding position is very aggressive and tough on the wrist when on the bike for longer rides.

Overall I love the handling of the Daytona but realized I needed something a little more forgiving for all day rides, I really wanted to ride the 675 the way it was intended that is why I converted it for track use. I opted for multiple bikes vs the do all capability of the FZ1. Let me know what questions you have and I will give you honest feedback.

I have an 07 675 that I just converted to full time track bike. I purchased it as replacement for my FZ1. Not sure what information you are lookimg for?

It is a pure sport bike great handling, better low end power then the inline fours, top speed and hp does not match up with Honda and Yamaha 600's It is not a very comfortable street ride without some modifications the stock riding position is very aggressive and tough on the wrist when on the bike for longer rides.

Overall I love the handling of the Daytona but realized I needed something a little more forgiving for all day rides, I really wanted to ride the 675 the way it was intended that is why I converted it for track use. I opted for multiple bikes vs the do all capability of the FZ1. Let me know what questions you have and I will give you honest feedback.

Thanks for the excellent reply. well what im looking to find out is overall did you prefer swapping the fz1 for the daytona or did you regret it. this excludes track use just in everyday riding did you prefer it?

I don't have any regrets for making the change but that is only because I have multiple bikes. If I had to choose just one bike for everyday use and just street riding between the FZ1 and the Daytona I would pick the FZ1 again. It is a much more comfortable riding position, its a liter bike and you can choose how you would like to ride, sport, touring, track etc.

The Daytona will have limitations or I should say it will limit you from the agressive riding position to how long you will be able to ride comfortably. I think the Daytona is a great looking and handling bike and if you want to make the change I would recomend bugeting for adjustable clip-ons, a set of adjustable rearsets along with a Triumph gel seat. It will make everyday use much more agreeable for you.

thanks very informative and helpfull replies. I think after this im going to hold out on changing the fz1n until i build up my first years no claim bonus with it as this was another factor holding me back if i wanted to change the bike i would have had to take out another different policy and lose the 4 months ive already payed for as this company wouldnt insure a sports bike amd restart my new insurance from this month

I didnt even think of that the insurance, here it is much more for the Daytona than the FZ1 classification I think is the main reason. The FZ1 is considered a standard and the Daytona a sport bike with the R designation.

The problem with sport bikes is that you just cant help riding fast its just the fact that you are in a head down bum up position that feels natural for going fast but in the real world its a killer on long rides.
The thing I think of is when you own a sports bike is that you actually have a really good think about the pain you will encounter on a long trip and you will in most part try to avoid it. When riding upright you don't even consider it you just jump on and go.

I came from a 2011 Daytona 675. Previous bike was the R6. Now the Daytona does have good low to mid range power. Seriously felt like it was quicker than the FZ1N down low. Loved the look of the Daytona. It's a super sports bike and is suited more for the track or weekend ride. Not for commuting which is what I used it for... My hands and neck would hurt after riding for more than 30 to 40 mins... I'm exhausted when I get home.

If money wasn;t an issue then I would have kept the Daytona. But I don't regret buying the FZ1N. So much more comfy and tons of power.

Back