Helmet holder / lock

I was able to get a picture today. This is simply a Motion Pro helmet lock that is designed to mount on 7/8" handlebars. Works great on the rack tubing.

Oh that's a great option. You can fit one on either side and be set for rider and pillion. The only hassle would be the extra key(s) needed.

Using the two nubs on the underside of the passenger seat will work, but it isn't very elegant and not something I'd like to fiddle with everytime I need to lock my helmet. I have a hard enough time getting the passenger seat to lock easily when I remove it, and trying to do it with the d-rings involved doesn't make it any easier. If they were able to fit a proper lock on the less expensive FZ6 there is no reason they couldn't have done it on the FZ1. Don't know if it was an oversight (possibility) or a cost cutting move (hard to believe), but the part from Japan is just the ticket.

http://japan.webike.net/products/20253196.html

Update: Ordered one on line and it arrived at my door in five days from Japan. Total price including shipping was $60.25, a fair price for a Yamaha product I believe. As previously mentioned the lock itself is a genuine Yamaha part, but the steel black powder coated attachment bar is a Y'S GEAR part which must be a third party vendor for the Japanese market as the simple instructions are all in Japanese. No matter, it is a simple installation.

Here are some pics of it installed (I don't have passenger pegs) which made the installation even easier. The whole installation looks like it came from the factory and it is so easy to lock the helmet when I go into a restaurant or store, no more schlepping it around. The lock key is just like the ignition key but I just used a bit of touch up paint to differentiate the key, issue solved. I would highly recommend this product if you want a truly functional and easy helmet lock at a fair price.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back