Hello from Toronto

...finally, a fz1 owner. After lurking, lurking and more lurking and no post since June, thanks FZ1 community, I did it. Picked up a new 08 FZ1 TE last wednesday.

Congrats Tondo! Good job. Welcome to the forum. Your going to love your new ride. What color did you get? Even better, just post some shots like Haileyan said. Take care and enjoy the ride.

:welcome: and congrats!

I've yet to see the TE edition. Please post lots of pics!

I too would like to see some pics...from what I gather it basically has a taller windscreen and the hard bags from the FJR1300. For some reason Yamaha didn't offer it here. I guess they were afraid it would take sales away from the FJR.

I too would like to see some pics...from what I gather it basically has a taller windscreen and the hard bags from the FJR1300. For some reason Yamaha didn't offer it here. I guess they were afraid it would take sales away from the FJR.

Yes, and the lower fairings. :D I just Google'd some pics and saw a few of them all set up. Nice!!!!!!!!!

My Fellow Canadian

Looks great, I like the Red with the Gold ! That would have been my colour but it was sold before I had a chance. Let us know how well the fairings work for rider wind protection. Congrats and welcome aboard!:welcome:

ok here goes...from the dealership to home.

That looks great with the lowers on and all the luggage. Your all set up for some sport touring there Tondo! Post a nice shot in the "Member Bike of the Month" section before they close the polls.

Hey Tony, your 06' would look really Rad with some lowers now that I see Tondo's bike!

Her is my red 06 with the lower fairings they offer great wind protection and look awesome.

Very nice Fizzy, the GenII bikes look really good with the lowers installed. I think a bit better than the factory GenI lowers. I guess the style is a little different. I like my GenI lowers. I won't run the bike naked anymore. While I didn't notice that much of a change in wind protection from naked to full fairings, I did notice a highway speed and higher, straightline stability.

The bike looks great, enjoy it!

Nice looking ride you have there. I see they added a lower faring, and higher wind screen. The bags seem to fit the overall lines of the bike pretty well. How much did they clobber you for it? I'm not sure of the exchange rate right now, but I used to be able to come over to Toronto and make out like a bandit but that has all changed since the American $ hit the skids. If you want to see how she tours, come over here to northern Michigan and we'll put her to the test. You're probably only about 8 hours or so away.

That looks great with the lowers on and all the luggage. Your all set up for some sport touring there Tondo! Post a nice shot in the \\"Member Bike of the Month\\" section before they close the polls.

Hey Tony, your 06' would look really Rad with some lowers now that I see Tondo's bike!

Yea, I've thought about it, but I also like the naked look. Plus with the full fairings I would have to get rid of my LED turn signals. I think I'm just going to eventually get the lower cowl and if I can ever find a set for cheap the non-US market sport scoops too. Would like my bike to look like this one below:

273484903_6Hyrv-L.jpg

Back