Hello from the UK

Just picked up a newly registered FZ1-S.
It's a 07 USA model ... "Raven Black" I believe. I'll post a picture later.
I've recently had a couple of Beemers and a Tiger 1050
Looking forward to riding the Fazer in better weather and all the road salt GONE

Just picked up a newly registered FZ1-S.
It's a 07 USA model ... "Raven Black" I believe. I'll post a picture later.
I've recently had a couple of Beemers and a Tiger 1050
Looking forward to riding the Fazer in better weather and all the road salt GONE
Where in the UK do you live? I lived in the UK for about 3 years earlier in life, Farnborough, Aldershot, Manchester area, Liverpool. I miss the history and all of the sites to see but not the weather ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'll update my profile - I'm near Maidenhead, Berkshire. I'm a born and bred Southerner but have family and the out-laws around Manchester.

Hay..... wait a minuate.......didn't you get my sister pregnant and bail? .......I think your the guy who Owes me money...........................................lol...... na, really, Welcome to the forum, lots of good people here you can count on for all things FZ........Rich...

Excuse the crappy cellphone pic

IMG00002-20100214-1138.jpg

I've taken off more than I've added!

It arrived with -
Skidmarx double bubble smoked screen
Skidmarx smoked headlight covers (removed and to be ebayed soon)
Beowolf gold rad grill
Beowulf carbon exhaust
Tail tidy
The seats have been recovered/shaped. The claim was they are Corbin, but I doubt it.

Plans
Powerlet outlet(s)
MRA screen
heated grips or gloves
possibly a scottoiler if its a keeper

I must find a tankbag

pauls chin spoiler ???

I'm a nooby here, and I recently bought an '03 FZ1. I don't know very much about my Gen I (A Clymers is on the way), and I don't know anything about Gen II's, but pauls "header fairing", sure looks like it might get burned-up, if not on the highways, then certainly in stopped traffic.

There must be some creative solution to insulate it from those hot-arse headers!

That's just one mans observation:Rockon:

Welcome pauls to the forum:cheers:

Earl:america:
'03 FZ1

PS. I had a GREAT US Navy port-of-call at Portsmouth in 1982. One of my best anywhere in the world! I look-back fondly on the two days I spent ashore on your island!:D

Last edited:
I'm a nooby here, and I recently bought an '03 FZ1. I don't know very much about my Gen I (A Clymers is on the way), and I don't know anything about Gen II's, but pauls "header fairing", sure looks like it might get burned-up, if not on the highways, then certainly in stopped traffic.

There must be some creative solution to insulate it from those hot-arse headers!

Earl there are no issues with that chin fairing. It's actually a Yamaha designed accessory for these bikes and even though it's sitting so close to the headers nothing will happen to it. There is enough of an air gap around it to keep it from getting damaged.

Thanks for even more warm welcomes. Don't know why but I only got the last few notificatinos of your posts in this thread.

Earl - the belly pan/ chin spoiler is a Yamaha accessory. As others have said it doesn't get burnt - it's actually less enclosed than, say, an R1.

We have had some better weather recently so have been enjoying the bike on grippier roads. Loving it :thewave: Up to about 6k rpm it feels a lot like my old Tiger 1050... but beyond that it certainly goes.

Still haven't got a tank bag sorted though!

Last edited:
Back