Hello From Sydney!

G'day, Just got my 06 FZ1N last week!

Having come from a Ducati 749, its a real breath of fresh air to ride a big naked again (used to have a speed triple) & i'm stoked to be able to ride for more than 30 mins without sore back, neck, wrists and burnt nads!

Took it for a blast through the hills this weekend & i'm loving it. Its got a carbon Ackro pipe & a tail-tidy kit, but other than that she's stock & clean as a whistle.

a FCE is next on my list of things-to-get as the mid-corner snatch can get a wee bit ugly if you balls-up a corner entry etc. And i'm sure that in time i'll open up the airbox & re map it with a PCIII, but for the moment she's definitely got enough poke to keep me happy once screaming!

Welcome mate and post some pics when you get a chance. The FCE will be a great improvement, especially on your bike since it's a 2006. Yamaha somewhat corrected the issue with the later models. Enjoy the new ride :tup:

:welcome: and congrats! Glad you've found us and please do share some pics. Check out my sig for some of the first few stops to make here so we can get to know you. We're in those threads so you can check us out as well.

Cheers! Ride safe!

G'day, Just got my 06 FZ1N last week!

Having come from a Ducati 749, its a real breath of fresh air to ride a big naked again (used to have a speed triple) & i'm stoked to be able to ride for more than 30 mins without sore back, neck, wrists and burnt nads!

Took it for a blast through the hills this weekend & i'm loving it. Its got a carbon Ackro pipe & a tail-tidy kit, but other than that she's stock & clean as a whistle.

a FCE is next on my list of things-to-get as the mid-corner snatch can get a wee bit ugly if you balls-up a corner entry etc. And i'm sure that in time i'll open up the airbox & re map it with a PCIII, but for the moment she's definitely got enough poke to keep me happy once screaming!

Congratulations. I think the 749 is a single minded track bike and that's it. I have not tried the 749/999 but I've owned a 748R in the past, mostly for track riding. You will find the service cost lower on the Yamaha too.

BTW have you tried the new Ducati Monster 696/1100?

Thanks guys,

Yep the ducati had its merits, but as an everyday bike it's just too heavily biased towards the track.
It was magic in the twisties, but over an hour & it was phtsically painful!

spent 5 hours in the saddle of the FZ on the weekend & its just as much fun & nothing hurts (except my face muscles) :icon_beer:

Glad to have you on board! I agree with your assesment: the FZ1 can be as much fun as a repli-racer, but a lot more comfortable. Great all-rounder.

Back