Hell is Hot; Arizona is . . .

just plain ridiculious.

Today, on the ride home I passed the Cancer Research Center, which has a digital thermometer.

117 Degrees

In a Jacket

With a Helmet

With Gloves and Boots

But. . . .

I love riding my bike. :-D

In Iraq the highest I saw on an actual thermometer was 136. Dry heat you say? Ha! The wind blows off the Persian Gulf and the place is sticky and windy. Smells like crap too, no joking on that one.

Actually my aunt and my grandmother live in PHX and I've been visiting for about 35 years. I like PHX, lived there for a year in '88.

It's been 100 or over here for the last couple weeks...seriously how do you guys wear your jackets in that kind of heat? I guess it doesn't help that I work outside in it all day as well as riding back and forth to work, but I can't handle how hot I get. Well vented or not, after sweating all day in it I just can't bring myself to put on a jacket for the ride home!

It's been 100 or over here for the last couple weeks...seriously how do you guys wear your jackets in that kind of heat? I guess it doesn't help that I work outside in it all day as well as riding back and forth to work, but I can't handle how hot I get. Well vented or not, after sweating all day in it I just can't bring myself to put on a jacket for the ride home!

Water. I wear a mesh jacket, but before I put it on I soak my upper half in water.

I wear mesh in this heat. I wear a ratty T under the jacket on the way in to work. Then I change to clean clothes in the office. On the way home, as long as I am riding, I don't care how hot it is or if I get sweaty.

When I ride for pleasure I just don't care about being hot. I just avoid the city and traffic lights like the plague.

Back