Heeelllpp---Fender Elim/Integrated TL's

I'm shouting out for some assistance! I'm trying to install a Puig Fender Elim and Integrated Tailights BUT i've run into trouble! 2009 FZ1, I managed to get the rear cowl/plastics off, removed the actual fender from the bike, but then came to the realization that there are 3 wires connecting the fender to the bike: one for the blinkers, one for the license plate light, and i suppose one for grounding.This is where i encountered my problem.. I can easily unplug the blinkers from its connector, but the other 2 are buried in the permanent frame of the bike underneath more permanent pieces.. so is there an easy way to unplug these two that i'm missing? thanks!

the taillight wire twists and pulls out of the lens housing and there is a plug for each turn signal as i recall they were a pain to get to

the taillight wire twists and pulls out of the lens housing and there is a plug for each turn signal as i recall they were a pain to get to

Where were you with this information when I got the snips out last night. :doh2:

cutting the wires for the turn signals and using the factory connector is the best way to go. Post a pic up of what you are deling with so I dont tell you the wrong thing or what brand integrated tail you have

remove the platic tray and the 2 electronics blocks (1 w/ 2 screws, 1 w/ tab in rubber strap), then you can reach in to unplug the 2 connectors on the right side. there are 2 cons for blinkers and 1 con for plate light.

Back