heated levers

Does anyone make heated levers? The grips are great but fingers still get cold on the clutch.

Also thinking about sleds my fingers always freeze on my brake hand because around you pretty much need at least a finger or 2 on the brakes at all times.

Put a couple of layers of heat shrink on your levers for the winter, or Andre wraps of electrical tape, it takes the sting out of the cold. You can cut it off for the summer then.

Not ideal, but never heard of heated levers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

UiD_VayEpd4
you can make one like this guy made an electric guitar ? Make an electric guitar and electrocuted himself | Hace una guitarra electrica y se el - YouTube

Ok guys I have procured some wire for a heating element. I have a variable temp controller that was purchased with her heated grips and unusable on the 8 (being it's naked)
I have inline fuse blocks from my home made power distribution block.
I am gonna try to give this a rough go here soon and see if I can come up with something.
It will likely make the levers a bit thicker but I feel this may actually work.
Just gonna wrap the element with heat shrink for now to secure it to the lever.

Oh and I won't be like the guitar guy either.

If this works how much interest will there be?
If any of you post over on OA (I don't care for some of the regulars) can any of you guys see if there is any interest there?

I'm not sure yet how it would be marketed (even if it's just to a few people) or if it would require parts to be sent to me...

Last edited:
Do you have good winter gloves?

I have a pair of A* winter gloves and they make all the difference in the world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Seeing how quickly heated grips lose thier heat when not wrapped with a hand, the heating of the lever may be worse as it has no insulation. Interested to see what you come up with though.

I have snowmobile gloves but I don't like the lack of dexterity with them on.

I understand this point, but it's a heck of a lot better than having frozen hands / fingers. It took only a few minutes for me to get used to the bulkier heated gloves and my hands have not been cold on a bike since.

Nothing to install too.. just bolt a wire to the battery.. and can be used on all bikes.

I don't know how bulky snowmobile gloves are, but my moto ones aren't bad at all: SEDICI HOTWIRED - Heated Leather Gloves With Controller

I ride through the winter on my thundercat whilst the fz is tucked away until the weather improves.

I fit my bar muffs and leave them there. They look stupid, but i wear summer gloves, and my hands are toasty warm without using battery power.

They only cost me £20, used them for 12 winters and about 50,000 miles!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back