Hearing Protection

FSTZ1

Does anyone out there wear any type of hearing protection while riding? I have the GYTR muffler on my 2003, and it is loud once the rpm's get up above 4000. While it may be beneficial to protect your hearing, I feel that it is also beneficial to hear what is going on around you.

I use the standard issue hearing protection (yellow faom) which you can get in any drugstore. They're handy, cheap and do not stop off all noise....and I'll always have a couple in my pocket in my different jackets....

I also use just a set of standard ear plugs that we sell at the lumber yard. You roll em between your fingers, then place them in your ear canal where it decompresses. I would however like to try those made to order 20.00 dollar plugs. I hear they they do a better job of only cutting out certain harmful noise levels while allowing you to have a conversation without having to remove them.

I use either my triple flange earplugs from the military, or my triple flange earphones and my iPod.... works like a charm... and yes, you SHOULD wear hearing protection.. the wind noise of an average helmet alone at 70mph is enough to do permanent damage to you hearing with enough exposure.

here you go. $5
Ear Plugs
4498.jpg

Ear plugs

I'm glad I posted this thread. I have been trying to figure out why my hearing is getting bad and it turns out that my years of biking may have been contributing. And I thought it was the loud rock music. Thanks to everyone for their replys.

Back