Heal Tech Speedo Healer

I have searched to the point of falling asleep, and I can't seem to find an answer to my specific problem. I have a 2005 GSXR1000 (I know, bear with me), that I purchased a speedo healer for gear change correction. The bike was stolen, then recovered. It's now a track bike, so I have no need for speedo correction. I decided to move it to my 2006 FZ1 (purchased, along with the GSXR buyback, from the insurance payout). I bought the harness that is specific to my FZ, and installed it per the instructions. The bike now runs fine (with the speedo working) without the speedo healer plugged in. When I do plug it in, it kills the engine. I can unplug it, and the bike runs normally, but plug it back in and it dies. If I do get it started, it idles like crap, and eventually dies again. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Is it possible the speedo healer is damaged? That suzi probably took beatin before it was recovered. Does it work properly on the gsxr? Also I'm sure your aware healtec is very adamant about how to route the wires.

Back