Headlights / operation

ghetto_d

Okay, lame question, i know, but:

Right now my FZ1 is not running; she has no exhaust. I am in the process of installing HIDs, and did a quick mock-up to test them. When I turned the bike on, I got no lights. So, would someone please refresh my memory by answering: do the headlights not come on until the bike is running, or do they turn on with the ignition? Damn Alzheimer's...

You can start the bike as long as your headers are still on. Just dont go banging gears down the road. Lol even tho its tempting. Been there haha

When I turn the bike on I get the parker lights (I think you guys call them pole lights), when I start the engine my headlight comes on. when I turn the engine off the headlight stays on until I turn the bike off. That's on my Aussie naked 2010 FZ1.

If I have the bike turned on and hit the highbeam flasher switch I get high beam even with the engine off.

Well, that is how i thought it operated - engine needs to be running to turn the headlights on.
I'm still not quite sure about the hi beams though, as Dicko mentioned.
Any other input?

Well, that is how i thought it operated - engine needs to be running to turn the headlights on.
I'm still not quite sure about the hi beams though, as Dicko mentioned.
Any other input?

What sort of HIDs are you installing? Is it just a bulb or is it a full retrofit kit? If it's the kit, did you buy a bi-xenon kit? Ie. one with the harness, controller and projector housing for a high-low set up to imitate the stock dual filament halogen bulbs?

What sort of HIDs are you installing? Is it just a bulb or is it a full retrofit kit? If it's the kit, did you buy a bi-xenon kit? Ie. one with the harness, controller and projector housing for a high-low set up to imitate the stock dual filament halogen bulbs?

It's a kit that includes everything except the projectors. I didn't like the options for projectors available.
It's a true bi-xenon kit with the proper hoods/shields and mechanical operation. Researched the hell outta the whole topic. Hoping it projects well.

You could simply fire it up for 1-2 secs and kill the engine via the handlebar switch, and the lights will remain on until you turn the ignition off.

Back