Headlight help

New to the forum, this is my first post.

Yesterday I decided to install the HID conversion I've had laying around for some time now. When I got done I turned on the key and no headlight. I reconnected the original headlights and still nothing. Checked the fuse - good. Both Hi/Lo don't work, so that rules out the dimmer relay, so I'm guessing it's the On/Off relay. The manual says it's under the seat, but it's not. I checked everything electrical under my seat and not one thing has the correct wire colors called out in the book. Anybody know where it is?

Maybe not such a dumb-ass after all

So I found the root of my confusion on this. Turns out the headlight won't come on until the bike is started, but if you shut the engine off using the kill switch the headlight stays on until you turn the key off. I guess I never looked when I started the bike, but I know I've shut the engine off and coasted into my garage and the headlight stayed on, hence I thought the light was tied to the key switch. Anyway, thanks for the help and support. :cheers:

I'm impressed.

I'm impressed because I also belong to an RX7 forum, have been a member there for several years and in all that time I don't think I've ever received this many replies to any post I made there. It seems that forum is dedicated only to flaming people when they ask a question someone or other thinks is rudimentary or common knowledge. Only a few people there are really interested in helping and many times those people get flamed too. It's a freakin joke. This is a nice change....I'll be back

I'm impressed because I also belong to an RX7 forum, have been a member there for several years and in all that time I don't think I've ever received this many replies to any post I made there. It seems that forum is dedicated only to flaming people when they ask a question someone or other thinks is rudimentary or common knowledge. Only a few people there are really interested in helping and many times those people get flamed too. It's a freakin joke. This is a nice change....I'll be back

Any forum that gets too old and long in the tooth becomes like that. It all depends upon the moderators to keep things in control and kick out the obnoxious members..

Just ask someone if their front turn signals act as running lights when the turning signal isn't working. When I had my Triumph Speedmaster I noticed one day shortly after getting it that my front signals weren't illuminated. I immediately figured I had a problem. Then I found out there wasn't a second set of filaments and on the Triumph there was no running light in the front. We rarely check things that we have an assumption we know how they work.

Back