Headed To West Virginia

jnor

Can't wait I'm headed to WV for a week, with 2 other Gen 1's...Should be about 2K miles total in WV. In 2 weeks....:tup:

Hard to beat WV for tons of great roads IMO..........

Just got back today......what a great trip.

Couldn't have gone anywhere with better roads IMO either
We rode a great "pace" no matter who was leading (except maybe to slow when I led).. We rode a pace below knee dragger, but well above "cruiser" pace, even in the rain. When people have the same type bikes, and riding experience it makes for a great ride

I can't pick my favorite road, they were all good (except for the interstate). Some of my favorites were 219 up Droop Mountain through the esses..kinda like 3-4 gravity cavity's in a row, and banked , Rt 20 from Elkin's to RT39 also a great road with many switchbacks , Rt150 (Scenic Parkway) has great views, rivaling anything I've seen, it's only about 30 miles, but well worth riding , Rt39, Rt16,RT 219, and the road up Snowshoe are awsome also....Snowshoe was much better without the fog. Rt 50 east of Bridgeport is good also, I really liked chasing ferret up a mountain through the switchbacks yesterday, on the only part that was dry, and not foggy

All in all one of the best motorcycle trips ever for me...1975 miles....

Back