Has this ever happened to you?

So for the second time, I go to fill up grab the hose and give my bike a gas bath. Man that is just so freaking frustrating, I keep forgetting that yes there might be some gas just waiting to pour out of the hose. Luckly it just drains right off and not into the seat etc but still frustrating :)

Happened one time early on with me but never afterwards. I hate the pumps with quick triggers on them that are either "full on" or "full off" with no in between. I now have my favorite Shell Station that has the sweetest pumps where you can practically "drip" the gas from the nozzle. After I'm done pumping I keep the nozzle down in the filler neck and slowly lift it up and twist it upside down once I'm above the neck of the tank. No more spills!!:tup:

Yeah it's not the pulling the nozzle out where I have the spills, it's the putting it in. Someone always leaves gas in the hose after they've filled up or something and if just freaking pours out as soon as I get the nozzle horizontal. I just have to remember that, it's always at like 4am when I'm trying to wake up :)

Yeah it's not the pulling the nozzle out where I have the spills, it's the putting it in. Someone always leaves gas in the hose after they've filled up or something and if just freaking pours out as soon as I get the nozzle horizontal. I just have to remember that, it's always at like 4am when I'm trying to wake up :)

Exactly! You right. What I do now is slowly place the nozzle in the tank first BEFORE I select the grade of gas. That seemed to have cured the spillage problem before pumping. Once the nozzle is in the tank I then select which grade I'm using and no more spills. Another thing is to lay the nozzle on it's side pointing upwards as you go to put it in the tank. Once your close to the neck just turn it over slowly and you shouldn't get any spills. I know it sucks when it happens, especially when you have just cleaned the bike and she's looking good.

When filling up my bike, I always let that little bit of gas in the hose drain out on the ground before filling the tank. It's usually a small amount and evaporates quickly. No harm to the environment.

It's happened to me...er, a few times. I thought I overheard the bike talking once when I pulled in for gas: "Cant wait to see how this numbnuts soaks me this tis time." Eric and Michele were with me once when I didn't have the hose seated right in my C14. Talk about a gas bath...

I was at a station where the automatic shut off didn't work, I was sitting on it fueling away when this guy started asking me about the bike, I'm chatting away, totally NOT paying attention, and it over flows. Big time. How embarrassing. :)

Yeah, Norm got the bike and everything 12' to the left of it! :D

I always do the same as FSTZ1 and dribble it to the ground. It doesn't make it through the asphalt or cement, what ever the case... Also, never put the thing on full blast.

@Billy - Yeah, I hate the stations you cannot slowly trickle fuel to top off the bike safely. I also avoid those FULL ON pumps!

he he, I know exactly what you mean. I just think to myself, not afreakingain!

It's happened to me...er, a few times. I thought I overheard the bike talking once when I pulled in for gas: "Cant wait to see how this numbnuts soaks me this tis time." Eric and Michele were with me once when I didn't have the hose seated right in my C14. Talk about a gas bath...

Sure has!!
It's not the trigger that gets me - it's the little bit of left over gas in the hose from the previous person. LOL Sometimes it hit's me as well as the bike :)

I have actually grabbed the nozzle and not realized that some butt head left it on the locked open position. As soon as I hit my gas type it went all over the place because I was still holding it in my hand rather than it already being in my tank. Someone had to of done it intentionally.

Back