Has anyone tried these handlebars out

FZ1 Yamaha Handlebar

So I'm looking at options for handlebars. Been thinking about going with Gen II bars and possibly GYTR mounts, then I came across these. They look pretty good and probably could be adjusted slightly. Plus they're about half the cost of Convertibars (which would be my preference but they're expensive). I'm just curious if anyone has them and what they think.

GYT-R mounts with MX bars

I got the GYT-R mount and threw on some MX bars from TAG metals. The handling is awesome, maintains a comfortable stance while still being able to full tuck if you want to. They look pretty cool too I suppose. I could post some photos if you want.

I have a set in my garage. I put them on a FZ6R and liked them, but ended up going with a set of Rizoma bars on that bike. I just got an FZ1 a week or so ago and will be trying them again on this bike. Stock bars and mounts FZ1 are already changed out and I have the Rizomas installed now. I'm planning on doing a pretty long ride tomorrow, come home and swap to the Suburban Machine bars and take another ride on Sunday. I'll let you know how they work.

Russ

Well I finally purchased a set of 2nd Gen stock handlebars and put them on. They seem wider to me and the cables were too long. I re-routed them but it just doesn't feel right. They are about an inch lower and slightly straighter. I'm gonna play with the cables some more this weekend and see if I can get them to feel right. They're just temporary anyway until I can afford something better.

Well I finally purchased a set of 2nd Gen stock handlebars and put them on. They seem wider to me and the cables were too long. I re-routed them but it just doesn't feel right. They are about an inch lower and slightly straighter. I'm gonna play with the cables some more this weekend and see if I can get them to feel right. They're just temporary anyway until I can afford something better.

Let me know if you don't like em. I actually preferred the flatter wider bars I had on my Hornet. I wouldn't mind taking em off your hands

Back