Has anyone tried one of these collapsible tail bags?

I considered getting one of those a couple months ago when I was tailpack shopping. The thing that kept hanging me up was that the pack looks so flimsy when it's expanded. I think if you had it full it might work OK, but if you only had it halfway it looks like it might droop or flap in the wind.

I ended up getting this one and I really like it so far. It holds quite a bit of stuff, and even expands to hold a full-face helmet. There's a built-in soft helmet bag like the ones that new helmets come in too. Newenough doesn't show the price because of manufacturer minimum-advertised pricing, but if I recall it was around $65.

Joe Rocket Space Pack 2.0 :: New Enough

I ended up with the Cargo tail bag. I like it a lot. I did mod it a little as they have it mounted with bungie cords. But had a nice strap under the wings. I just put a slot through the wings and used the strap to hold it on to the seat. Works well and I found it on sale for 50.00

Cycle Gear - CARGO: Basics Tail Bag, BLACK

It expands. I've had two Lunches and a 24oz. can in there with no proublems:rmwl:

I would just get a Kriega tail pack, US10 or US20. Completely waterproof and sits tight to the bike when you don't need it.
http://www.kriega.us/products/kriega-us-10#
Z750.jpg

US20
kriega - Kriega US-20 Drypack & Courier Bag

Pic of US10 on my bike.
FZ1032.jpg

I would just get a Kriega tail pack, US10 or US20. Completely waterproof and sits tight to the bike when you don't need it.

I'd recommend the Kriega as well. I use the US10 daily for my commute to work and use the US20 if I need to take anything extra in with me.
For any touring I use two US10's and a US20 which all strap together like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is my FZ1 with all three of the bags fitted. I managed to pack enough gear into the bags for a 9 day break in the Isle Of Man this year! They're more spacious than they look :tup:

.......I ended up getting this one and I really like it so far. It holds quite a bit of stuff, and even expands to hold a full-face helmet. There's a built-in soft helmet bag like the ones that new helmets come in too. Newenough doesn't show the price because of manufacturer minimum-advertised pricing, but if I recall it was around $65.

Joe Rocket Space Pack 2.0 :: New Enough

:+2: I really like the Rocket Space Pack 2.0. Just used it on an 800mi plus weekend trip. It's very secure when attached to the rear seat, has tons of room, looks great on sport bikes.

Back