Harriman / Perkin's Ride

After a wild Communion Party last night, Richie and I got an early start to the mountain today. This was the first ride for him after the SV650 Rear Shock swap. He gave me the "thumbs up" once we got up the mountain. The only thing left is to address the "fork dive" issue. I'll be installing the 70gm. fork springs in the next few weeks. That should give the bike an even balance of suspension. We rode up alone since Ray left his house later on. Once he arrived at the peak we took a nice spirited ride along Seven Lakes Drive which with the beautiful weather, made it a great ride. He's really getting used to the Kawasaki, and is getting better each week. Here are some pics and a video from today's ride..........

Up on the Peak stands Richie next to his ride.....
002-20.jpg

One of the "flat track" Harleys was up there. It actually looked pretty good.
004-13.jpg

005-12.jpg

Some random shots of other bikes up there.....
003-18.jpg

006-15.jpg

011-5.jpg

013-7.jpg

022-1.jpg

009-8.jpg

Yankee fans here in NY will always tell you that Met fans are ugly. Maybe there is some truth to that rumor!......
007-10.jpg

008-10.jpg

A small video from our favorite bench under the shady tree.....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xBLQvMK84]YouTube - Harriman Ride 5-2-2010[/ame]

Thanks for the photos! Looks beautiful up there.

On the front suspension.... Did you make sure it that the fork oil is not low? Maybe even try a heavier weight oil before upgrading the spring? Just curious...

Thanks for the photos! Looks beautiful up there.

On the front suspension.... Did you make sure it that the fork oil is not low? Maybe even try a heavier weight oil before upgrading the spring? Just curious...

Unfortunately Brad, the springs are really soft in these bikes from the factory. I guess it's to make the bike more comfortable to a new rider. The bike doesn't even have 1500 miles on it. According to all the gurus on the 250R forum, these 70gm springs are the way to go. The good thing is that they are relatively inexpensive and a pretty easy job according to the service manual. Thanks for the suggestion bud!

Nice pics again Billy, thanks.

It's snowing here today in Colorado, plus I am working today and have no bike right now, good to be living through the forum :)

After a wild Communion Party last night, Richie and I got an early start to the mountain today. This was the first ride for him after the SV650 Rear Shock swap. He gave me the "thumbs up" once we got up the mountain. The only thing left is to address the "fork dive" issue. I'll be installing the 70gm. fork springs in the next few weeks. That should give the bike an even balance of suspension. We rode up alone since Ray left his house later on. Once he arrived at the peak we took a nice spirited ride along Seven Lakes Drive which with the beautiful weather, made it a great ride. He's really getting used to the Kawasaki, and is getting better each week. Here are some pics and a video from today's ride..........

Up on the Peak stands Richie next to his ride.....
002-20.jpg

One of the "flat track" Harleys was up there. It actually looked pretty good.
004-13.jpg

005-12.jpg

Some random shots of other bikes up there.....
003-18.jpg

006-15.jpg

011-5.jpg

013-7.jpg

022-1.jpg

009-8.jpg

Yankee fans here in NY will always tell you that Met fans are ugly. Maybe there is some truth to that rumor!......
007-10.jpg

008-10.jpg

A small video from our favorite bench under the shady tree.....
YouTube - Harriman Ride 5-2-2010
Thanks for the pics billy! YOU all had fun. Like cos fz1, I too have no FZ to ride right now, plus, it's raining here in middle Indiana today, and I surely enjoy seeing the sights with YOU ! (Hope to be back together soon. Waiting on them-parts )

Oh man I wished I could have ridden today! It was beautiful out (well maybe a little too humid), but definitely warm and sunny. I bet the mountain must've been packed. Unfortunately I had another commitment today (daughter's first communion) so no riding. However, it was a great day for me also just in a different way.

Yeah! We missed ya today "T". Richie asked me if you were going to meet us but I remembered about the Communion today. Next week is Mother's Day so you'll probably be booked again but our weekend is coming up soon buddy! Wrenchin' and Ridin' is almost here!

Yeah! We missed ya today "T". Richie asked me if you were going to meet us but I remembered about the Communion today. Next week is Mother's Day so you'll probably be booked again but our weekend is coming up soon buddy! Wrenchin' and Ridin' is almost here!

Wished I could have been there. I still haven't seen Richie's "new" ride!

Oh yea, next week is out of the question. It's Mother's Day and I have a Christening to go to also so Sunday is shot :(

I'm hoping the weather is good the weekend of the 15-16 'cause I'm looking forward to it :D

Back