Harley talk wtf?

fazernoob66

Talking to a guy at work, about his crash on his Harley. He mentioned several times he had to (lock it up) I didn't know that was even possible, the few I have ridden had the most pathetic excuse of brakes I have ever used. His story was pretty much ( I was showing off, looked up and saw brake lights) crashed with his son on it. Sad. Also, I forgot the story but a while back in the news a Harley rider had to (lay it down) are you serious? These guys need to stick to 4 wheels and a.b.s.
Just my thought over break at work today.

I tend to be rear heavy on the brakes, habits from when I rode dirt bikes as a teen.

I would imagine even with them being as heavy as they are you can still mash the rear hard enough to get some rear wiggle.

The brakes are so bad you can stop faster "laying it down" and scrubbing away all the chrome? :wow:

Of course, chrome has more friction than rubber on asphalt. It sucks he crashed, that's never good. But I held back my laughing when he said that. If a sport rider ever said that, he would be mocked for eternity. But I guess its the logical thing to do if you are man enough to own a Harley.

:huh

This must be a riff on the old "I had to lay 'er down", which means they were hopeless in an emergency situation. HD brakes and chassis' are woeful, and most riders aren't much better. A bad combination.

Most riders, including sportbike riders, would have a hard time laying a bike down on cue, it is an unnatural reaction. When I hear people say this I just interpret it to mean they crashed and the bike went down, BOOM.

Last edited:
This must be a riff on the old "I had to lay 'er down", which means they were hopeless in an emergency situation. HD brakes and chassis' are woeful, and most riders aren't much better. A bad combination.

Most riders, including sportbike riders, would have a hard time laying a bike down on cue, it is an unnatural reaction. When I hear people say this I just interpret it to mean they crashed and the bike went down, BOOM.

I concur, I was just have a bit of fun with it. :rofl: But at the same time, it's never funny for anyone to crash.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxU_lYBHpY]2011 Harley Davidson Lowside Motorcycle Crash - YouTube[/ame]

my dad has a sporty, and i have to admit its fun to ride it because you can get hard on it all the time and row though all of the gears make a big noise and your still going only 60.
but the suspention sucks soo bad. ive crashed it twice, once in the wet turning left in an intersection the rear end wanted to play tag with the front. and the second locking up the rear just doing what is normal braking on any of my other bikes.
I wouldnt mind one of my own but those shocks need to go and rearsets. probably cafe it but it still wouldnt replace any of my other bikes.

Back