happy pillion

2 hour ride with my wife on back today on a variety of roads...when we stopped she says "why didnt you buy this bike 5 years ago...I love it!"

Long Distance Happy Pillion!!!

Just back from a 2 day ride with the pillion in a million...Day 1 was from central coast NSW, through Sydney, through Royal National Park, down coast road to Wollongong, up to Robertson via Jamberoo, then across and down to Kangaroo Valley, on to Berry, Gerringong and Kiama. A great day with everything from city traffic to freeways to winding coastal roads to tighter mountain ones. We travelled about 400 kilometres and my wife and I settled in for a few beers and a walk in Kiama with very little soreness from the days ride. My FZ has the standard seats with 1 inch sheepskin on the riders seat and a thinner one on the pillion seat with a non slip "net" on top. Also has the ventura rack with bag on the back. Day 2 we headed back home a different more direct route and covered about 320 kilometres...again hardly any discomfort or soreness after the ride. I am amazed at how comfortable a "tourer" this bike is! I have looked at the aftermarket seat options, but so far the good old aussie sheepskin is keeping the butt happy.

450 miles in two days, with a passenger. Thats pretty good. I'm assuming you guys are of the "younger" persuasion. I could probably do that on a GenI but not sure on a GenII unless I had an aftermarket seat. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the ride! Keep logging those miles!

Back