Handlebars

So today at work I parked my 05 FZ1 on the center stand and it decided that it was going to sink into the asphalt and fall over. I found it laying on it's right side. I have some minor cosmetic damage but I need to replace the handlebars as they were bent. I would like to put aftermarket bars on it (Yamaha factory bars $238!!!). I need to know what kind of aftermarket handlebars you guys have used without modification. Thanks in advance!

Thats wild you found them for less than wjat I found them for, I work at a dealership and when you look them up in the microfiche they are $238 which is insane.

What I would really like to know is what kind of success anyone has had with something like Renthal or Protaper bars, that is what I would really like to replace them with.

I have a set of Renthal road low bars on my Gen 2 the only mod needed for this was 2 inch long HEL brake lines. Love the fit and feel of them. I have also put on a set of Buell pegs for a whopping $32 that lowers them about an inch. Oh yeah and the Sargent seat mod was the best. I call it my Barcolounger now.

I have a set of Renthal road low bars on my Gen 2 the only mod needed for this was 2 inch long HEL brake lines. Love the fit and feel of them. I have also put on a set of Buell pegs for a whopping $32 that lowers them about an inch. Oh yeah and the Sargent seat mod was the best. I call it my Barcolounger now.

Any pics??

Did you change the risers at all?

You did mean Renthal low road, not ultra low road, right?

Pic's please..... the Buell pegs as well.

:sport12:

im using the renthal low road or street ?bars # 754 and i added 1 more inch of rise under bars and the stock cable did work on my gen1. the bars were narrowed a bit also as well as threaded for stock ends which are pretty heavy(these matter alot !). they are too sweet. next thing is to get a bolt on crossbar to eliminate the very little vibes that are left . its 100% better than stock as far as vibes and comfort for me. its crazy how comfy i am on this rocket of a bike !!!

:sport12:

Back