handlebars

I want to mount some R1 bars on my fz1 - to get a more aggressive riding position, does anyone have any recommendations on aftermarket bars or difficulty of this mod...

Well the R1 has clip-ons that mount below the triple tree. Not exactly that easy to do on our bikes and really why would you want to lower it to that extreme. If you want to lower it a little try the popular Suzuki SV650 risers. They are about an inch shorter than the Yamaha ones. That may be all you need. You can also try a different handle bar...

Another option is Suburban Machinery bars, but they are pricey at $164. They use stock risers, but you are I believe 1" down and 2" forward.

Gen I or II for your bike?

As a gen I owner, I've got the SM2 with lower GYTR risers and now getting ready to mount some convertibars and lower some more (maybe another 1/2" or more)

get some sv650 risers and drop in a different bar in from what you presently have before going the clip on route.....

Are the fz1 (07 gen 2) forks 43mm? I think they are?

I don't think you want to mount the clipons on the inner tubes. ;)

I have experimented a bit with the bars, for me it improves when I turn the stock bar down a bit. The bar ends are pointing slightly down instead of up as in std position. I may change the risers to 28mm "fatbar" type but it's pretty close to perfect for know. A clipon under the triple clamp must be combined with rearsets IMO and I'm not sure how the bulbous tank will work with that. The riding pos of the FZ1 is one of the reasons I got the bike in the first place.

Back