handlebars

fazertazer1

So I've seen that people are putting dirt bars on theirs fzs. Got a buddy that has pro taper on his. They felt good to me.

I wanna put a set on my bike it what is a good set of bars to use beside pro taper since I don't wanna be a copy cat.

Another question I have is I plan on getting the copperdawg windscreen, will dirt bars interfere with the windscreen?

Not to hijacked the thread or anything but loosenut what risers are you running and could you possibly post a picture of your setup? I used to use pro taper bars but when I got the cd screen I had clearance issues, as of now I'm using rizoma bars and gz250 risers

Rizoma do tapered bars (conical) and you'll need to buy their risers too. I have a set on my FZ, if you buy the shorter risers and the larger dip bars, you will end up with the bars in a similar position to stock.

If you don't want to buy new risers, you can get riser bars without a taper in them from Rizoma too.

here's an older pic of my bike with the Rizoma bars

Attachments

• 3293.jpg
    3293.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 154
Rizoma do tapered bars (conical) and you'll need to buy their risers too. I have a set on my FZ, if you buy the shorter risers and the larger dip bars, you will end up with the bars in a similar position to stock.

If you don't want to buy new risers, you can get riser bars without a taper in them from Rizoma too.

here's an older pic of my bike with the Rizoma bars

Looks good that's exactly what I'm going for.
Did you buy the shirt risers and a larger dip bar?

These I've uploaded previously from different stages along the bikes evolution.

Attachments

• 3647.jpg
    3647.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 151
  • 3648.jpg
    3648.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 3364.jpg
    3364.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 137
  • res_sml1.jpg
    res_sml1.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Rizoma.jpg
    Rizoma.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 187
These I've uploaded previously from different stages along the bikes evolution.

Those look good on there! What height riser did you use? Also did you have to drill out the holes on your triple tree to make the risers work? My buddy had to make the holes on his lager to make his pro taper risers work.

No drilling is required, they fit perfectly. I'm not sure what size risers Dicko used but mine are the 60mm ones, they are slightly higher than stock.

Here is a pic of how they look from the riders perspective:

I the past I used handle bar risers and clamps from my 2000 GasGas EC300 and used stainless steel washers fender washers to shim the risers to the lowest position that allowed the bars to move lock to lock. Today I use Convertibars.

No drilling is required, they fit perfectly. I'm not sure what size risers Dicko used but mine are the 60mm ones, they are slightly higher than stock.

Here is a pic of how they look from the riders perspective:

Ok next question. What model number bar did you use? They have three different ones.

Correction 4. I don't want way wider than stock. Just a little bit. With a shallow dip in the middle of the bar.

That would be the ma010 correct?

Last edited:
I used the shortest risers and the tallest bars. I cut 1/2 inch off each end of the bar so that I didn't need to buy a longer clutch cable. The only drilling you need to do is on the bar so that the throttle and switch panel don't move around. Use your old bars to measure where to drill. Like Ballmead said, you don't need to drill the trees, Rizoma supply a range of bolts so that you just need to select the right ones.

part # I used

risers - AZ402B (42mm)
bars - MA008 (50mm)

Back