Handlebar Mod-Your Opinions Wanted

Well I just went back and read the info on SW Motech's site and these don't replace your stock rises, but rather sit on top of them to raise your bars even more.

Maverick01 looks like these are not going to lower the bars like you wanted. You might have to go for the SV650 risers after all.

Thanks, i was also in doubt about that item, didn´t quite seem a match

Hi! I have Rizoma 42mm risers and Renthal Fatbar 686 installed. The handles are almost the same height as original but because of smaller sweep more forward. The riding position is more forward with wider elbows like dirt-bike riders before start.
I didn't like the looks of original handlebar. It looks kind of simple and cheap! The I love how Fatbar looks! And there is a choice of different bar models to choose from. I think Fatbar TRIAL 673-01 would be even better. Since dirt-riding is so popular is US I am sure there are stores that have full range of bars.
Sorry for my English. I am from Europe an English is not my native language :)

That is a great combo, love that Fatbar, was it too expensive?

Apparently some people have luck with eBay - New & used goods and others at Suzuki SV650 Forum. I had no luck or patience so I purchased parts new at Motorsports Superstore. About $100.
Here are the part numbers:
56211-17G00-13L - top clamp 2 needed
56221-17G00-13L - riser 2 needed
07130-08257 - top allen bolts 4 needed
You'll also need 2 bolts and nuts to mount the risers. The size is 3/8" X 3 1/2" and may be purchased at most hardware stores.

I'm very please with the results! (pics to follow) I kept the OEM bar-for now-and tinkered with the basic mod.
I was pleased with the improvement after an initial test ride, but knew it could be better.
I tried adding two washers,lifting the risers about 1/8 inch, and tilted the bar up slightly. I didn't expect much difference, but this put me right in the sweet spot-at least for me. I was surprised such a slight adjustment would make such a difference; concluding bar position is more personal than I'd realized. Additionally, now my fingers had room between the bars and the tank at full turn. (Not a huge problem before, but still better with some room imo)

I'd like to lower my bar too, and possible have it move forward a bit, for a more aggressive riding position, but I'm having a hard time finding the exact hardware (that you listed) online. Can you post a few links to the specific pieces you mentioned (risers, clamps, and bolts), at motorcycle superstore or somewhere? Thanks very much.

Also, the others that mentioned different risers that also lower the bars, would you mind posting links. Sorry for being a noob and not being able to find the exact hardware.

Im waiting for my risers from states to arrive.. got Suzuki GZ250 marauder risers for less than 20eur.. handlebars will beLSL streetbar what pullback 89mm/3.5" versus original of 152mm/6" could get some other too but those bars will find so easy in local shop.

Im waiting for my risers from states to arrive.. got Suzuki GZ250 marauder risers for less than 20eur.. handlebars will beLSL streetbar what pullback 89mm/3.5" versus original of 152mm/6" could get some other too but those bars will find so easy in local shop.

Did you find the risers on ebay?

Off-road handle bar clamps work just fine. I am using a set from my 2000 GasGas EC300 enduro motorcycle with the stock bars. It required purchasing the correct length bolt, and washers to shim the height to the bars clear the tank. Total cost to me, about $5.

I just bought a set of Thar Bars that I am going to play with.

SAM_0335.158151517_std.JPG

New_bars_close_up.157154430_std.JPG

Totally adjustable.

if one were to be looking for a more sport bike bar set up.. meaning lower and a little bit more bent inwards/narrow, where would "one" go to find such mods?

sorry for the question but from photos I didn't understand: is it the SV riser position so different from rizoma handlebar kit? I fit it and is very lower than stock but give a very good feeling and with sport rearfoot set a perfet compromise between comfort and sport.. I show you to compare.. In italy riser+handlebar 220..

Back